WARNING: ARIA 'Bargain Basement' Junk

Old November 10th 03, 03:51 PM
Rob L?

Default WARNING: ARIA 'Bargain Basement' Junk

I ordered a hard drive from Aria on 22nd October 2003, together with a s/h
mobo from their 'bargain basement'. On receipt the mobo was stone dead, so I
immediately arranged an online RMA to return it. I received an email on the
30th October to say the item had been received and was being passed to
technical for testing. Today however (eleven days later) they have decided
to reject the item and send it back to me because it was damaged in transit
due to being inadeqately packed. BULL****! I packed the item exactly as it
was sent to me, and it was packed correctly. This just looks like an attempt
by Aria to avoid their responsibilities and make a refund. Time to contact
my CC issuer me thinks....

The Moral of this story: If you're thinking of buying anything from ARIA's
bargain basement, DON'T. Chances are its f****d and they're going to shaft
you.

So ARIA, have your thirty pieces of silver, I will take my custom elsewhere.

Old November 10th 03, 03:59 PM
Ant C

"Rob L?" wrote in message news:3fafb40d.0@entanet...
[...]

Personally i'm not sure i would buy something as important as a mobo or
harddisk this
way, because u don't know what the bugger who returned it did to it ;
however my mate builds
cheap machines and has had a few mobos from Arias BB and they've all worked
perfectly.

Old November 10th 03, 04:06 PM

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:51:22 -0000, "Rob L?"
wrote:

[...]

Hello,
sorry to hear about this. If you would like to e-mail your
order details to marked for the attention of RobD I'd
be happy to look into it for you and see if we can reach an amicable
solution.

Cheers,

RobD,
Aria Technology.
Old November 10th 03, 05:08 PM
Andy Smith

"Rob L?" wrote in message news:3fafb40d.0@entanet...
I ordered a hard drive from Aria on 22nd October 2003, together with a s/h

snip
ok - so you've had a problem - what have you done to try to resolve it?
contacted them? discussed it with them?
I've had a lot of stuff from the BB - had a couple of items that were U/S -
(not obviously so) and had no problems with returns - they do take 10 days
or so - imho they are ok
Andy

Old November 11th 03, 01:53 PM
nigel. carron

In message 3fafb40d.0@entanet, Rob L? writes
The Moral of this story: If you're thinking of buying anything from
ARIA's bargain basement, DON'T. Chances are its f****d and they're
going to shaft you.

Sorry - but I'll make me own mind up ta -

Did you chase this up by ringing CS at aria?

I have had loads from BB at Aria and when the odd item has had a problem
ALWAYS gets sorted.

I do think Arias terms/statement on the BB page needs some attention -
but for heavens sake is Bargain Basement?? Not Harrods. ..
--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old November 11th 03, 02:33 PM
Baguss

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:49:30 +0000, "nigel. carron"
wrote:

In message ,
writes

Shouldn't this level of customer care be for all customers not just
those who you see posting in this newsgroup and hence whose problems
you suddenly want to resolve so as to avoid bad publicity?

How do you know this isn't the first CS at Aria have heard of it -
Nothing posted indicates buyer has contacted them. Either your psychic
skills are damned good or you are making assumptions. And assumptions
can often be wrong?

"Today however (eleven days later) they have decided
to reject the item"

Sounds like poss the CS though it was a new item rather than BB?
Old November 11th 03, 02:35 PM
ß Ø ® G

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:53:32 +0000, "nigel. carron"
wrote:

I do think Arias terms/statement on the BB page needs some attention -
but for heavens sake is Bargain Basement?? Not Harrods. ..

don't matter what shop it is, the sale of good act is the law and
unless they say it's not working then they have to put it right.
and the distance selling act even more so

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Old November 11th 03, 05:19 PM
Mike Scott

wrote:

I do think Arias terms/statement on the BB page needs some attention -
but for heavens sake is Bargain Basement?? Not Harrods. ..

don't matter what shop it is, the sale of good act is the law and
unless they say it's not working then they have to put it right.
and the distance selling act even more so

Isn't the real issue that aria say it was damaged in transit, in which
case the soga won't apply straightforwardly. If aria insist this is
the case (and even the OP cannot be sure of safe delivery), the
obvious way might be to claim off the carrier... assuming it was sent
appropriately insured, and that it's not too late.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)