"error loading operating system" .... help pls!!:(

Old October 29th 03, 03:48 PM
Danzig Glenn

Default "error loading operating system" .... help pls!!:(

Hello

Unluckly after have turned on pc..... it show the messagge "error
It's the mbr? if so, as some have had advised to me i have tryed booting
win2k cd and from console "fix mbr"...but the things aren't changed.....

If the problem it's only the mbr,luckly i have one copy of it, maded
before this bad situation...BUT... i don't know how to restore mbr from
this copy...how i can do?with wich software???

Please help me

Thanks in advance for the answer!!!

Greetings

Thanks

Greetings

Old October 29th 03, 04:36 PM
Joep

"Danzig Glenn" wrote in message
news:fc1a0c00a42037b1b69a5959caca68e2.74207@mygate .mailgate.org...
Hello

Unluckly after have turned on pc..... it show the messagge "error
It's the mbr?

Hmmm ..

From he http://www.ata-atapi.com/hiwmbr.htm

We can see that this particular message is displayed when there's an error
while reading the first sector of the partition itself. So, the MBR is
already read and the boot code seems intact (as it is executing). An active
partition was found, and it's now trying to read the first sector of that
partition (the boot sector). When doing so 'a' read error occurs.

if so, as some have had advised to me i have tryed booting
win2k cd and from console "fix mbr"...but the things aren't changed.....

No, assuming the above is correct that wouldn't change much.

If the problem it's only the mbr,luckly i have one copy of it, maded
before this bad situation...BUT... i don't know how to restore mbr from
this copy...how i can do?with wich software???

With what did you *make* the copy? I am sure that if you have software that
can make a backup of the MBR, it can restore it as well ...

Test the disk surface for read errors. The demo for DiskPatch can perform a
surface scan, where it will simply test if sectors on the disk can be read.

Also, probably the manufacturer of you hard disk offers a diagnostic tool on
his website, download that tool and have it test the disk.

--
Joep

D I Y D a t a R e c o v e r y . N L - Data & Disaster Recovery Tools

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl
http://www.diydatarecovery.com

Please include previous correspondence!

DiskPatch - MBR, Partition, boot sector repair and recovery.
iRecover - FAT, FAT32 and NTFS data recovery.
MBRtool - Freeware MBR backup and restore.

Old October 29th 03, 09:19 PM
Danzig Glenn

"Joep" "Joep" wrote in message

Hello!

First..thanks for the answer

From he http://www.ata-atapi.com/hiwmbr.htm

We can see that this particular message is displayed when there's an error
while reading the first sector of the partition itself. So, the MBR is
already read and the boot code seems intact (as it is executing). An active
partition was found, and it's now trying to read the first sector of that
partition (the boot sector). When doing so 'a' read error occurs.

if so, as some have had advised to me i have tryed booting
win2k cd and from console "fix mbr"...but the things aren't changed.....

No, assuming the above is correct that wouldn't change much.

Ok, understand

If the problem it's only the mbr,luckly i have one copy of it, maded
before this bad situation...BUT... i don't know how to restore mbr from
this copy...how i can do?with wich software???

With what did you *make* the copy? I am sure that if you have software
that
can make a backup of the MBR, it can restore it as well ...

I have just choose "yes" when installing BeOs (altough you couldn't
know...as you can imagine from the name, is an operating system)
when it asked "mad a copy of mbr?"... so i don't know how to
restore...it's cd hadn't utilities for restore, so i need a sw of
other...

Test the disk surface for read errors. The demo for DiskPatch can
perform a
surface scan, where it will simply test if sectors on the disk can be
read.

Also, probably the manufacturer of you hard disk offers a diagnostic
tool on
his website, download that tool and have it test the disk.

Yep, but cause i cannot boot my pc, i'm now from a "live cd" of linux,
there isn't tool that work from linux for do what you had said to
me(scandisk, and a sw for mbr..) ??

Thanks again

Greet!

Old October 30th 03, 09:54 AM
Joep

"Danzig Glenn" wrote in message

Yep, but cause i cannot boot my pc, i'm now from a "live cd" of linux,
there isn't tool that work from linux for do what you had said to
me(scandisk, and a sw for mbr..) ??

But you seem to have internet access, so, why not download the diagnostic
tool + a boot diskette from www.bootdisk.com?

--
Joep

Old October 31st 03, 09:13 PM
Danzig Glenn

"Joep" "Joep" wrote in message

"Danzig Glenn" wrote in message

Yep, but cause i cannot boot my pc, i'm now from a "live cd" of linux,
there isn't tool that work from linux for do what you had said to
me(scandisk, and a sw for mbr..) ??

But you seem to have internet access, so, why not download the diagnostic
tool + a boot diskette from www.bootdisk.com?

Yep, but the only two floppy diskette drive that i have in house are
broken ((