Sync Replication over CWDM lines

Old July 7th 04, 09:08 PM
Andy S

Default Sync Replication over CWDM lines

Is anyone out there doing replication (synchronous) over CWDM connections?
I'd love to hear how, any thoughts/pointers you might have.

I'm looking to set up synchronous replication between two HDS boxes ( using
Truecopy), over a distance of around 100km, using a CWDM backbone with 8
lambdas, each capable of carrying 1 Gbit/s ethernet (won't all be dedicated
to storage traffic). Truecopy replicates over FC links, so I'm looking for a
way of tunneling/encapsulating the FC frames over the IP link between my two
sites. I'm currently looking at products from McData (Eclipse iFCP gateway)
and Cisco (MDS series iSCSI or FC-IP) to figure out to do this.

Any thoughts/pointers from folks who might've done something similar greatly
appreciated.

TIA
Andy

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 21st 04, 09:06 PM
Mike

Yes, we are currently doing SRDF and Mirrorview over a CWDM link. Our
switches are the MDS9509's with the Cisco CWDM SFP connected to
Xspedious dark fiber. We have 4 ports assigned to the Storage Network
for a total of 8Gb/s (using Cisco's FC Port Channels). It works
absolutely flawless. We are also using Cisco's IVR feature accross
this link so the VSAN's on the other end are not technically joined
which makes it a very clean solution.

Mike Murray
Sr. Manager of Enterprise Storage
Pier 1 Imports