The incredible lightness of laptop mice

Old June 12th 09, 02:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
practicality

Default The incredible lightness of laptop mice

Did you ever mis-click because your lightweight mini mouse "twitched"
under your fingers while over an icon?
I am in no way ascribing connotations other than weight to the objects
I'm about to mention, but scotch
taping a couple of 9mm bullets to the back top of the mouse really
improved its performance.
Old June 13th 09, 11:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:01:48 -0700 (PDT), practicality
wrote:

Did you ever mis-click because your lightweight mini mouse "twitched"
under your fingers while over an icon?
I am in no way ascribing connotations other than weight to the objects
I'm about to mention, but scotch
taping a couple of 9mm bullets to the back top of the mouse really
improved its performance.

I feel the opposite, if a corded mouse has a steel weight
screwed inside to make it heavier, I take that weight out.
If a cordless mouse that runs on 2 x AA cells can run on
only one (oddly many put the two cells in parallel instead
of series) then I put only one in.

Depends on how you move your mouse I suppose, once mice
became pretty high in resolution I switched to leaving my
palm planted on the mousepad and moving the mouse with only
finger movements and sight palm swivels.

Did you know there is a setting you can adjust for how much
the mouse is allowed to move while hovering over an object?
That may be the better fix for your situation. Presuming
you use windows, install TweakUI (any decent search engine
should find it) and adjust the Mouse- Hover Sensitivity and
Time, and the Double-Click and Drag settings.
Old June 13th 09, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

wrote:

Did you ever mis-click because your lightweight mini mouse "twitched"
under your fingers while over an icon?
I am in no way ascribing connotations other than weight to the objects
I'm about to mention, but scotch
taping a couple of 9mm bullets to the back top of the mouse really
improved its performance.

So it seems you either have a poor mousing surface so there
are multiple reflection paths, or you have a muscle tremor.
If the latter, determine the cause. While it can come with
older age, it could be a sign of an illness/medical problem,
anxiety, previously working with machines that vibrate a lot
(holding them in your hands it can cause hand tremors after
done using that machine for a little while) or just too much
caffeine.