Is this case garbage - electroseller

Old August 1st 03, 01:27 AM
jm

Default Is this case garbage - electroseller

I found this place with "free" shipping. I know nothing is free and it is
worked into the price somehow.

http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...egory_Code=001

What I don't know about is all the add-ons. For an AMD based system, what
kind of add ons and why should I get them? Apparently nowadays it is more
than the fan that comes in power supply. Thanks.

Old August 1st 03, 01:30 AM
jm

"jm" wrote in message
I found this place with "free" shipping. I know nothing is free and it is
worked into the price somehow.

http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...egory_Code=001

What I don't know about is all the add-ons. For an AMD based system, what
kind of add ons and why should I get them? Apparently nowadays it is more
than the fan that comes in power supply. Thanks.

For example, this mobo:

http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...ECS-AMD-BOARDS

sells for $53.00 on newegg. with free shipping; here it looks like the
"free" shipping is worked into the price. I am sure it is worked in at
newegg also, but their volume is much higher, probably.

Old August 1st 03, 02:44 AM
S.Heenan

jm wrote:
I found this place with "free" shipping. I know nothing is free and
it is
worked into the price somehow.

http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...egory_Code=001

What I don't know about is all the add-ons. For an AMD based system,
what
kind of add ons and why should I get them? Apparently nowadays it is
more
than the fan that comes in power supply. Thanks.

I've never seen a case where standoffs, a speaker, I/O shield, etc aren't
offered. Add to that no exchanges, no refunds,and a 5 day warranty. I'd pass
if I were you.
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

Old August 2nd 03, 08:40 PM
Caroline

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:44:51 GMT, "S.Heenan"
wrote:

jm wrote:
I found this place with "free" shipping. I know nothing is free and
it is
worked into the price somehow.

http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...3DPROD&Store_=

Code=3Delectroseller&Product_Code=3DAL_PWATX-CPS&Category_Code=3D001

What I don't know about is all the add-ons. For an AMD based system,
what
kind of add ons and why should I get them? Apparently nowadays it is
more
than the fan that comes in power supply. Thanks.

I've never seen a case where standoffs, a speaker, I/O shield, etc =

aren't
offered. Add to that no exchanges, no refunds,and a 5 day warranty. I'd =

pass
if I were you.

And even worse, if you buy a power supply *that* only has a 5 day
warranty too!! A five day warranty on a power supply unit????!!!
You couldn't do that over here (UK) - you can't over-ride consumers'
legal rights.

Caroline

Caroline Picking,
Milton Keynes, England.
Old August 3rd 03, 09:55 AM
S.Heenan

Caroline wrote:

And even worse, if you buy a power supply *that* only has a 5 day
warranty too!! A five day warranty on a power supply unit????!!!
You couldn't do that over here (UK) - you can't over-ride consumers'
legal rights.

Caroline

You'd be surprised to know how many people will drive miles and miles to to
save a few bucks, then complain bitterly when a $12 power supply kills their
new $250 DVD/RW.

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement