OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

Old May 29th 14, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Default OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

I guess it's called "Outlook.com" but the URL says "live.com".

I'm having trouble getting to Sent, Deleted, etc. It shows
messages there, but nothing happens when I click on those folder
names.

Thanks.
Old May 29th 14, 12:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Nevermind, for some reason we must double-click on the folders.

I'm very used to single clicking to open stuff in Windows Explorer.
Old May 29th 14, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
BobbyM

On 5/29/2014 8:13 AM, John Doe wrote:
Nevermind, for some reason we must double-click on the folders.

I'm very used to single clicking to open stuff in Windows Explorer.

A single click is all that I need; don't know why you'd need two. I
usually access my hotmail account thru Thunderbird but I checked the
online version just to be sure.

Old May 29th 14, 02:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

BobbyM masseyNOSPAM hotmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

[i]
Nevermind, for some reason must double-click on the
[Hotmail] folders.

I'm very used to single clicking to open stuff in Windows
Explorer.

A single click is all that I need; don't know why you'd need
two...I checked the online version just to be sure.

Okay... So that's strange. I guess it changed recently (for me). I
doubt that there is some setting. I don't use folders other than
Inbox much anyway. Just needed to be able to get to the other
folders from time to time.

I'm using Firefox 28.0 in Windows 7, FWIW.

--

It's no big deal now.
Old May 29th 14, 03:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

On Wed, 28 May 2014 23:11:52 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I guess it's called "Outlook.com" but the URL says "live.com".

I'm having trouble getting to Sent, Deleted, etc. It shows
messages there, but nothing happens when I click on those folder
names.

Thanks.

No problems deleting and moving 10 minutes ago.
Old May 29th 14, 03:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new message, I
see a new message indicator "(1)" but when that tab is activated
the message does not show in the Inbox until the tab/page is
refreshed.

I can do some serious troubleshooting on this, like restoring an
older installation. If it's troublesome or interesting enough to
do so. I suspect it's part of one or two most recent backups, if
in fact the problem is on my end.
Old May 29th 14, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
BobbyM

On 5/29/2014 11:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new message, I
see a new message indicator "(1)" but when that tab is activated
the message does not show in the Inbox until the tab/page is
refreshed.

I can do some serious troubleshooting on this, like restoring an
older installation. If it's troublesome or interesting enough to
do so. I suspect it's part of one or two most recent backups, if
in fact the problem is on my end.

I don't have Firefox installed but it worked as normal for me in IE11 &
Chrome. If you have another browser installed, try it in that browser.
Then you'll know whether it's a Firefox or a Windows problem.

Old May 29th 14, 09:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

John Doe wrote:

Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new
message, I see a new message indicator "(1)" but when that tab
is activated the message does not show in the Inbox until the
tab/page is refreshed.

I can do some serious troubleshooting on this, like restoring
an older installation. If it's troublesome or interesting
enough to do so. I suspect it's part of one or two most recent
backups, if in fact the problem is on my end.

I don't have Firefox installed but it worked as normal for me in
IE11 & Chrome. If you have another browser installed, try it in
that browser. Then you'll know whether it's a Firefox or a
Windows problem.

It's messed up in Internet Explorer 11 too. The next time I do a
restore, I will go back a few copies to test.
Old May 29th 14, 09:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

But Gmail works just fine... Clicking on folders opens the folders
every time.
Old May 29th 14, 10:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

John Doe wrote:

Maybe related... In the Hotmail tab when there is a new
message, I see a new message indicator "(1)" but when that tab
is activated the message does not show in the Inbox until the
tab/page is refreshed.

I can do some serious troubleshooting on this, like restoring
an older installation. If it's troublesome or interesting
enough to do so. I suspect it's part of one or two most recent
backups, if in fact the problem is on my end.

I don't have Firefox installed but it worked as normal for me in
IE11 & Chrome. If you have another browser installed, try it in
that browser. Then you'll know whether it's a Firefox or a
Windows problem.

You're right. Apparently it's a Windows problem that occurred
after the ninth of this month. Amazing how easy solving problems
is when you have backups of Windows. Now all I have to do is pay
attention to what was installed or upgraded (if it's done again).

Hotmail Font Problem JP Homebuilt PC's 3 August 9th 10 06:31 PM
OT hotmail down today? JAD[_3_] Homebuilt PC's 2 April 13th 07 03:55 PM
Hotmail 250MB!!! Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 8 November 11th 04 07:11 PM
hotmail offline [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 4 February 7th 04 12:00 AM
How to Hack Hotmail John E. Carty AMD Thunderbird Processors 1 September 4th 03 02:11 AM