P8H67-M EVO

Old June 11th 11, 06:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John

Default P8H67-M EVO

Hi,

anuone knows what this is in devicemanger

PCI simple communications controller ?

on the cd i cannot find anydriver for this.
i have a Creative soundcard and ATI 6970 videocard which works perfectly.

gr. John
thnxs

Old June 11th 11, 07:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

John wrote:
Hi,

anuone knows what this is in devicemanger

PCI simple communications controller ?

on the cd i cannot find anydriver for this.
i have a Creative soundcard and ATI 6970 videocard which works perfectly.

gr. John
thnxs

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ivers&lang=eng

"Additional Notes

If the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) driver has not been
successfully installed, you may see an error on a
"PCI Simple Communications Controller" in Device Manager."

Just a guess (as it sounds a lot like a serial port).

There is a version on the Asus site, under the "Utilities"
section of the download page for your board. But the file
is 250MB, which has gotta be a mistake. The one on the Intel
site is around 9MB. I suppose if we multiply that by 24 languages,
that might explain it, but still, 250MB is excessive.

"Intel Management Engine Interface V7.0.0.1118
for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista& 32/64bit 7."

So I don't know what is hiding in there. You could "Explore" your
motherboard CD, and see if there is an "MEI" file on it.

Paul
Old June 11th 11, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Paul wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

Hilarious. That 250MB download on the Asua site ? Most of that,
is a copy of dotnetfx35.exe installer file, plus a much smaller
"real file" to install. So most of your download time, on the
bloated 250MB Asus download, is spent getting a Microsoft file
(which you may or may not have a copy of already).

It looks like I've had that file on disk here, since 2009. So
plenty of opportunities to already have it.

Paul

Memory voltage on P8H67-M EVO ChrisW Asus Motherboards 3 January 11th 11 07:44 PM
Evo i dobitnih wiry General 0 September 27th 05 10:32 PM
HP Evo NX9005 -------> Ian Compaq Computers 0 October 24th 03 02:16 PM
FS Battery for EVO and others. mike Compaq Computers 0 September 15th 03 08:23 PM
FS EVO battery mike Compaq Computers 0 August 29th 03 08:43 AM