No disks found, P8P67 Pro

Old June 1st 11, 08:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Thomas Andersson

Default No disks found, P8P67 Pro

Hi!

My brother just called me trying to start up is new hardware and I
couldn't figure it out.

He have connected a HD to sata3 port, in bios he can see the drive
listed and he sets ita s pri boot.
When he restarts mobo reports no disks found.
He have tried different HDs with same result.
Any advice??

P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1)
Old June 2nd 11, 12:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob[_19_]

On 01/06/2011 20:51, Thomas Andersson wrote:
Hi!

My brother just called me trying to start up is new hardware and I
couldn't figure it out.

He have connected a HD to sata3 port, in bios he can see the drive
listed and he sets ita s pri boot.
When he restarts mobo reports no disks found.
He have tried different HDs with same result.
Any advice??

P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1)

If he is trying to install an operating system to a new drive
on a new system, he needs to make the CD/DVD drive the default
boot device and have the OS installation disc in it before
booting.
HTH,
--
Rob
Old June 3rd 11, 04:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Peter Huebner

Default No disks found, P8P67 Pro - more disk & post probs with a p8p67

In article , says...

Hi!

My brother just called me trying to start up is new hardware and I
couldn't figure it out.

He have connected a HD to sata3 port, in bios he can see the drive
listed and he sets ita s pri boot.
When he restarts mobo reports no disks found.
He have tried different HDs with same result.
Any advice??

P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1)

I recently installed a p8p67le in my computer. I had a pig of a time trying to
get that thing to boot off the old ide drive I had my OS on, in fact I had to
remove all sata devices to get it to recognize the ide hdd as a possibility for
booting off (and show it as such in the bios screen). After reattaching the
sata drives it will now boot of the ide drive --- BUT:

half the time the turkey does not even post when I try to turn it on from cold.
This happened a few times during system build, but I thought at the time it was
due to my fiddling with the hardware and the problems with the drives I tried
to attach (hell, I even ended up replacing a perfectly good ide optical drive
because I thought maybe it was interfering with the post/boot process due to
some bios feebleness) but the problem has cropped up again after the computer
has been operating for a few weeks now. Takes 3-10 attempts of hitting the
power on button before it will finally post. Most of the time the lights come
on, drives spin up, nothing happens, lights go off again. Takes a wee time out,
then the same again without me even touching it. Eventually it gives up. So
I've been running it 24/7 so long as we don't have a power outage or I'm going
away for a couple of days.

Anyone else had problems of this nature? I am seriously starting to think about
trying to get a refund and going to a different brand mobo. I bought a new
antec psu to go with it, I doubt that that is at fault, and the on-board
battery should be good really?

-P.