Bios P15

Old May 15th 04, 09:14 PM
Compfix

Default Bios P15

I have just installed a new 865perl board with a 3ghz processor and flashed
the bios up to date with version 15. When I had finished making my
preferred changes I disabled the intel logo that appears on startup and the
PC refused to carry on booting. I re-enabled it and all was well. Has
anyone else had this? Does anyone know if it is just a minor irritation of
this version, or a symptom of something more serious?

TIA
Robert

Old May 15th 04, 09:37 PM
EF

Yes version 15 does have a fault i e-mail intel

see below

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

We have seen some issue like the one you are experiencing with BIOS version
P15, in order to correct them please install BIOS version P14 again that
should be compatible with your system configuration.

Old May 26th 04, 02:59 PM
Greg

I had the same problem. I had to use the intel recovery bios to get it
booted up. It's running with the p15 bios now. But it was a pain to get it
going again.