Start Up Disk?

Old February 27th 04, 03:09 AM
Randy

Default Start Up Disk?

A friend of mine has a Bro Essential 933C Gateway that is not booting
up correctly to Windows ME.

He never made a start up disk. How can I get files to start up his
PC. He has the restoration disks, but they fail to boot up. For some
reason his mouse and keyboard do not work when I try to get into his
system set up. When I try to boot with the restoration disks, the
keyboard will not work to select the CD Boot sequence.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old February 27th 04, 10:47 PM
Randy

Jack thanks for the info on the startup disk I was able to get one
from Bootdisk.

The problem though his mouse and keyboard are not working either at
bootup with the startup disk and I can not make selections.

I checked the keyboard and it works on my computer. What do you think
is happening to cause the keyboard not to work. It is a USB keyboard
and I have tried it in different slots, but it is not working on his
computer in any of the usb slots.
Old February 28th 04, 06:54 PM
Randy

Tom

If you can't use the keyboard how do you get to the CMOS to make changes?

Sound like system is going to have to be reformatted..........
Old February 29th 04, 01:41 AM
Ron Cook