My Earlier GF3Ti 200 Strangeness

Old January 31st 04, 02:25 AM
Kai Robinson

Default My Earlier GF3Ti 200 Strangeness

I swear i'm living in the twilight zone with this card. This is getting even
more bizarre. I've re-installed Windows XP Pro, and the 41.09's - and
wierdly enough - i managed to play a whole 20 mins of Max Payne before i
started seeing the strange blue mist and artefaction. So i reboot. a little
corruption on the BIOS screen - but nowhere near as bad as it was before.
Boots into windows fine. no artefaction - no snow on the scrolly XP boot
screen like before, but it still borks under 3d games. I've disabled all but
basic hardware acceleration in the advanced tab in the display cp, and
everythings running stable as can be, even my DIVX will play back with no
problems.

I'm starting to think that this isnt actually a problem with the card at
all - and more to do with the PSU and its 250wattyness - what do you lot
think?

Theres plenty of good contact between the heatsink and gpu - the ramsinks
are all in place, and yes, theres new thermal goo.

Cheers

Kai

Old January 31st 04, 10:11 AM
Apoo

Not much to go on there! what system have you got and you should have a 300
watt with geforce cards anyway if you have over a 2 gig mobo, try the 4403
drivers as well...

Old January 31st 04, 03:20 PM
Kai Robinson

System Specs are as follows:

Athlon XP1600+
256mb Kingston PC2700 CAS2.5
MSI KT3 Ultra2 (no-raid)
40gb Maxtor ATA/133 7200rpm Hard Disk
Philips PCRW1610 CDRW Drive
Samsung SC-152L 52x CDROM
BT Speedway PCI ISDN T/A
3Com 3C905TX 10/100 PCI NIC
Diamond Supramax 56i PCI 56k Modem

Thats about it - unless you count the floppy drive.

Old January 31st 04, 05:35 PM
DaveL

Yeah, it could be the power supply but I expect spontaneous reboots. Is the
card overheating? How is your case ventilation? Clogged with dust? Is the
fan on the card still spinning?

Dave

Old January 31st 04, 08:11 PM
Kai Robinson

The cards fan is indeed still spinning - but it doesnt reboot - it'll
freeze, and bluescreen in XP, with this error:

GR SW Notify Error on 0000 88011000 0000004a 00000180 00001c20 00000002

Thats all that appears in the event viewer - but the bluescreen shows that
nv4_disp got stuck in an infinite loop.

The case is dust free and the card is cool to the touch - doesnt even feel
warm.

This is most bizarre - because as i stated earlier - i was playing Unreal II
on thursday last week perfectly fine - and on friday - all this started for
NO reason.

Kai

Old January 31st 04, 08:28 PM
Apoo

Have you had other drivers on there if so maybe you have a driver clash go
here and install this program then uninstall the old driversthen reboot,
then run the nasty file remover a few times , then reinstall the 44.03
drivers and see if that helps..you can get it here
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/1/12-1-28.shtml and here
http://www.overclockersclub.com/newscomment.php?
hope this works for you as it did for me..!

Old January 31st 04, 09:36 PM
Kai Robinson

Its not the drivers problem - and no, no other version was installed - this
is after a CLEAN install of XP Pro - its got to be the hardware in some
fashion - the only thing is figuring out whether its merely a power supply
problem - or something more dire.

Old February 1st 04, 09:08 AM
Apoo

Have you checked if you are sharing irqs this could be a problem..

"Apoo" wrote in message
[...]

earlier drivers of ATI radeon AIW 8500DV P. Jayant Ati Videocards 1 January 22nd 05 04:29 AM
5700 Ultra Performance Strangeness John Page Homebuilt PC's 0 October 30th 04 03:29 PM
strangeness indeed steve General 3 July 23rd 04 07:56 PM
RAM-OT but covered in an earlier post GTX_SlotCar Ati Videocards 4 February 10th 04 09:45 PM
Can you revert back to earlier bios? [email protected] Asus Motherboards 5 July 1st 03 08:28 AM