45.23 Deto, WMV8 video are ugly

Old August 22nd 03, 12:32 PM
Nicolas GIF

Default 45.23 Deto, WMV8 video are ugly

I have a
GF3 Ti 200 (does the same on GF2 MX)
XP 2200+ (does the same on Duron 1300)
Win2k
K7S5A
Deto 45.23

When I watch a video encoded in WMV 8, I have green bands on the top of the
video and odd symbols. And it works good with WMV 9, WMV 2, divx
Do you have the same ?

So I get back to Deto 44.03

Old August 22nd 03, 07:50 PM
John Lewis

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:32:29 +0200, "Nicolas GIF"
wrote:

I have a
GF3 Ti 200 (does the same on GF2 MX)
XP 2200+ (does the same on Duron 1300)
Win2k
K7S5A
Deto 45.23

When I watch a video encoded in WMV 8, I have green bands on the top of the
video and odd symbols. And it works good with WMV 9, WMV 2, divx
Do you have the same ?

So I get back to Deto 44.03

Anybody yet seen this problem on an Intel-based system ???

John Lewis
Old August 23rd 03, 03:32 AM
edde

I have a 5900 Ultra and with the 45.23 drivers if I double click an
mpg and media player starts it plays ok but if I close media player
and double click another mpg media player will hang and the only way
to play the file is to use the task manager and kill media player.
Also I have a happauge PVR-350 TV card and this is the first and only
driver that it would freeze. I went back to 44.71 and everything works
fine. It seems to be an overlay issue. This is with an Intel D850EMVRL
mainboard.

Do you notice that the overall image quality, including 2d text, is much
nicer with the 44.71's.?
I do, but I wasn't sure if it was my eyes playing tricks or what!