Sonic My DVD and Roxio EZCD 6 don't play nicely together?

Old January 28th 04, 05:56 PM
BigK

Default Sonic My DVD and Roxio EZCD 6 don't play nicely together?

I just installed the updated Sonic My DVD 5 and it gave me an error saying
that it detected EZ CD 6 and that it was not compatible. It give you the
option to uninstall. I didn't at first and all hell broke lose. So I
reinstalled and this time uninsalled EZCD and it worked. But now I don't
have EZCD which I'd like to use. I know some of you say Nero is better and
for some things it is.

Anyone know if I can now reinstall EZCD 6 and will they work?

BTW I did not have this problem with my OEM verion of Sonic 4.x. The Sonic
has only one hit in its knowledge base when searching for Roxio and whn you
click it you get a blank page.

Old January 29th 04, 05:20 PM
Kenneth J. Harris

My new computer came with Sonic installed. I then put on EasyCD6 and
found that it disabled the Sonic. When I tried to reinstall the Sonic
it said could not install because Easy CD was present. Checking
newgroups I found out that apparently these programs are incompatible
with each other so you can have only one on the computer. I opted to
keep the EasyCd and forget the Sonic because Easy CD seems to do more
things.

Ken

Old January 29th 04, 09:52 PM
BigK

"Kenneth J. Harris" wrote in message
et...
My new computer came with Sonic installed. I then put on EasyCD6 and
found that it disabled the Sonic. When I tried to reinstall the Sonic
it said could not install because Easy CD was present. Checking
newgroups I found out that apparently these programs are incompatible
with each other so you can have only one on the computer. I opted to
keep the EasyCd and forget the Sonic because Easy CD seems to do more
things.

Well I guess i will have to fully move over to Nero for everything.

I use Sonic quite a bit.

Old January 31st 04, 12:23 AM
Trev

"BigK" wrote in message
I just installed the updated Sonic My DVD 5 and it gave me an error

saying
that it detected EZ CD 6 and that it was not compatible. It give you

the
option to uninstall. I didn't at first and all hell broke lose. So I
reinstalled and this time uninsalled EZCD and it worked. But now I

don't
have EZCD which I'd like to use. I know some of you say Nero is

better and
for some things it is.

Anyone know if I can now reinstall EZCD 6 and will they work?

BTW I did not have this problem with my OEM verion of Sonic 4.x. The

Sonic
has only one hit in its knowledge base when searching for Roxio and

whn you
click it you get a blank page.

It's the packet writing part that is normally the problem. As it load's
at bootup and grabs CD-RW's and locks them. As both can not do it at the
same time they get upset. I currently have both Nero and Instant CD/DVD
running together But nether are allowed to grab the rights to rw discs
be it CD or DVD

Old January 31st 04, 02:53 PM
BigK

Anyone know if I can now reinstall EZCD 6 and will they work?

BTW I did not have this problem with my OEM verion of Sonic 4.x. The

Sonic
has only one hit in its knowledge base when searching for Roxio and

whn you
click it you get a blank page.

It's the packet writing part that is normally the problem. As it load's
at bootup and grabs CD-RW's and locks them. As both can not do it at the
same time they get upset. I currently have both Nero and Instant CD/DVD
running together But nether are allowed to grab the rights to rw discs
be it CD or DVD

I didn't have packet writing going and it still made it fail to install.

Old February 1st 04, 02:43 AM
Glenn M

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:56:18 -0500, "BigK" wrote:

I just installed the updated Sonic My DVD 5 and it gave me an error saying
that it detected EZ CD 6 and that it was not compatible. It give you the
option to uninstall. I didn't at first and all hell broke lose. So I
reinstalled and this time uninsalled EZCD and it worked. But now I don't
have EZCD which I'd like to use. I know some of you say Nero is better and
for some things it is.

Anyone know if I can now reinstall EZCD 6 and will they work?

BTW I did not have this problem with my OEM verion of Sonic 4.x. The Sonic
has only one hit in its knowledge base when searching for Roxio and whn you
click it you get a blank page.

I had the same problem...
I can use the Sonic My DVD that came with my Sony DVD Burner along
with Easy CD/DVD Creator just fine...then I upgraded to the latest
Sonic My DVD and ran into problems....I went back to the OEM My DVD
with Easy CD/DVD Creator and all was fine again....
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd
Old February 2nd 04, 02:53 AM
Leon Manfredi

Go with RecordNowMax Deluxe and BackupMyPC from Sonic.
When RecordNowMax Deluxe is installed, it intergrates BackupMyPc
into it's menu dialog. Best feature I found was that it can append,
new and changed files to a DVD or CDRW, let alone restore any
folder/s, let alone any file/s. It comes with Sonic's MyDVD, as well
as DLA (drive letter access). The menu dialogs could be improved.