Ideas, My computer can't come on

Old May 4th 04, 01:36 PM
Kene

Default Ideas, My computer can't come on

When I turn on my computer, the monitor doesn't come on rather, it's
green light blinks. thus no bios is seen and no booting. Please help
me.
Old May 4th 04, 02:00 PM
Bob Day

"Kene" wrote in message
om...
When I turn on my computer, the monitor doesn't come on rather, it's
green light blinks. thus no bios is seen and no booting. Please help
me.

Start he
1. Make sure the CPU fan, case fans, and any other fans in
your computer are working.

2. Shut down your computer and turn off power *at the
surge protector* (which cuts off standby power while
leaving your computer grounded) or unplug it. Take
the standard protections against static electricity
(wear a wrist strap or keep one hand grounded at all
times).

3. Open up your computer and dust it out. *Do not use a
vacuum cleaner* - it might cause static discharge.
Get some dust remover spray (RadioShack has it) and
a dust mask, and take your computer outside and spray
out the dust. Keep the end of the spray straw at least
six inches from any components and keep it moving so as
to avoid excessive thermal shock to the components.

4. Reseat all the modules and cables inside your computer.

5. Clear CMOS (see your mainboard manual for how to
do it), try booting, and if it boots, set up your BIOS again.

-- Bob Day
Free "HomeSentinal" webcam surveillance software at
http://bobday.vze.com, bottom of page.

Old May 5th 04, 11:03 AM
bakare

"Bob Day" wrote in message .. .
"Kene" wrote in message
om...
[...]

any time i tried to install winxp on my new Hard disk. the file will
be copyed and the system will restart.insted of the winxp to continue
install the winxp it will start copying the winxp file allover again.
Old May 5th 04, 10:31 PM
Dakshdeep Singh

(bakare) wrote in message . com...
"Bob Day" wrote in message .. .
"Kene" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Hi,
Since u havent mention the Type of Mother board and CPU and also when
the issue start happening,
I would like u to check the voltage of the CMOS battery and get it
replace if needed, I am sure this will help u ..!!!!
Dakshdeep Singh