Need very loud alarm clock - Nokia 6210 won't do! [O/T]

Old November 14th 03, 08:56 AM
Boc©

Default Need very loud alarm clock - Nokia 6210 won't do! [O/T]

"Stefan" wrote in message
My friend uses their Nokia 6210 as an alarm clock.

I have no idea how he manages to do it but he can sleep through the
alarm. Personally, I reckon a 6210 on max volume would wake anyone.
But not my friend.

So can anyone here recommend an alarm clock (with a beeper rather
than bells) which is noticeably louder than a 6210/6310?

If such a clock has a dual time setting (to wake the lazy sod after
ignoring the first alarm) then that would be ideal.

The shopping sites all reckon their alarm clocks are "loud" so they
are no help.

Weird request, huh? Serious replies please. :-)

I think the 6210 has the loudest rings of any phone - i had one of these
phones till it took a swim in the river will be missed

Boc

Old November 14th 03, 09:31 AM
Scott

Stefan wrote:
So can anyone here recommend an alarm clock (with a beeper rather
than bells) which is noticeably louder than a 6210/6310?

I have a SE T610 and am woken up each morning to the woderfully elegant
melody of Digirain on maximum volume.

Surely no one can sleep through that?
--
Scott

Old November 14th 03, 10:52 AM
Bagpuss

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:46:03 GMT, Stefan
wrote:

My friend uses their Nokia 6210 as an alarm clock.

I have no idea how he manages to do it but he can sleep through the
alarm. Personally, I reckon a 6210 on max volume would wake anyone.
But not my friend.

So can anyone here recommend an alarm clock (with a beeper rather
than bells) which is noticeably louder than a 6210/6310?

If such a clock has a dual time setting (to wake the lazy sod after
ignoring the first alarm) then that would be ideal.

The shopping sites all reckon their alarm clocks are "loud" so they
are no help.

Weird request, huh? Serious replies please. :-)

If you can't find one tell him to drink a pint of water before he goes
to bed. DO that for a month and he may well get into a routine of
getting up at 7am. Its what the Indians used to do before alarm
clocks.

Alternativly Tescos do a Philips Alarm clock for about £15 which has
dual alarms and even wakes me up.
Old November 14th 03, 03:07 PM
Walter

"Stefan" wrote in message
My friend uses their Nokia 6210 as an alarm clock.

I have no idea how he manages to do it but he can sleep through the
alarm. Personally, I reckon a 6210 on max volume would wake anyone.
But not my friend.

So can anyone here recommend an alarm clock (with a beeper rather
than bells) which is noticeably louder than a 6210/6310?

If such a clock has a dual time setting (to wake the lazy sod after
ignoring the first alarm) then that would be ideal.

The shopping sites all reckon their alarm clocks are "loud" so they
are no help.

Weird request, huh? Serious replies please. :-)

Give us all your home address and we'll come round early and bang on your
door til you get up, sleepy head.

Old November 14th 03, 03:59 PM
Gavin Colbourne 1&1

What I used to have was a Home stereo system that had an alarm feature and
not only did it wake me but it woke the neighbours and that was only a
quarter way up

Gavin

Old November 14th 03, 04:13 PM
Ivor Jones

"Stefan" wrote in message
My friend uses their Nokia 6210 as an alarm clock.

I have no idea how he manages to do it but he can sleep through the
alarm. Personally, I reckon a 6210 on max volume would wake anyone.
But not my friend.

So can anyone here recommend an alarm clock (with a beeper rather
than bells) which is noticeably louder than a 6210/6310?

If such a clock has a dual time setting (to wake the lazy sod after
ignoring the first alarm) then that would be ideal.

The shopping sites all reckon their alarm clocks are "loud" so they
are no help.

Weird request, huh? Serious replies please. :-)

I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at 4am
demanding food ;-)

Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her to go off..!!

Ivor

Old November 14th 03, 04:15 PM
Steve Parry

In ,
Ivor Jones fumbled, fiddled and
fingered:
snip
I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my

stomach at
4am demanding food ;-)

Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her

to go
off..!!

You too ! My cats the same except her clock sez wake up the staff
at 5am

Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://wrexhamseals.tripod.com

Old November 14th 03, 05:45 PM
Ivor Jones

"Reestit Mutton" wrote in message
Ivor Jones wrote:

I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at 4am
demanding food ;-)

Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her to go

off..!!

Ivor

the requisite amount of crushed up sleeping pills in her evening food
should do the trick. With a little practice and experimentation, you
should eventually get it about right.

(ducks for flame-retardant cover....)

Not a chance, she can smell pills a mile off ;-)

Ivor

Old November 15th 03, 09:16 PM
Lina och Niall

"Reestit Mutton" skrev i meddelandet
I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at 4am
demanding food ;-)
Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her to go

off..!
! Ivor
the requisite amount of crushed up sleeping pills in her evening food
should do the trick. With a little practice and experimentation, you
should eventually get it about right.

You, sir, have obviously never tried feeding pills to a cat.....

Old November 16th 03, 02:33 PM
Steve Dulieu

"Lina och Niall" wrote in message

"Reestit Mutton" skrev i meddelandet
I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at

4am
demanding food ;-)
Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her to go

off..!
! Ivor
the requisite amount of crushed up sleeping pills in her evening food
should do the trick. With a little practice and experimentation, you
should eventually get it about right.

You, sir, have obviously never tried feeding pills to a cat.....

In an attempt to save the feline population of the UK from turning into a
bunch of pill addicted zombies lurking on street corners trying to use meows
and purrs to convey the request "got any gear mate" and hanging around
outside underground stations hassling people for their used travelcards to
sell on to fund their habit, could I suggest to the OP that he tries to get
hold of a Sony ICF-C50L "Dream Machine" this is LOUD. It has been known to
wake me, the wife, my cats, my neighbour, my neighbour's dog, my neighbour's
dog's vet...you get the picture. It's a few years old, so may not be made
any more but it's the best alarm clock I've ever had. I do shift work and
since I've had this thing to wake me up I've never missed a shift. (It is
rumoured that it will even wake a student before miday on a Saturday,
although I havn't observed this myself)...:-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have