Non-US store that will ship a Canon printer to US?

Old February 14th 05, 11:55 AM
Cartridgeworld \(Oxford\)

Have checked with Claudia at Canon Tech support today. A UK iP4000 will work
in the USA if you purchase the correct plug adapter. The printer is
multi-voltage.

Regards
Stick
"Caitlin" wrote in message

"Lady Margeret Thatcher"

wrote
in message ...
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:35:07 +1300, colinco
wrote:

In article Lady Margeret Thatcher says...
This doesn't help you a great deal, but I do remember reading in
another
forum a while ago that someone had investigated this, and that

getting
the
extra CD tray was not enough. The CD tray slot has also been blocked

at
the
back or something? I think you may also find the software/driver

could
be
different?

In other words, it's not going to happen. Not that you couldn't
"trim out" the clearance for the tray. But it sure sounds like it's
not worth the effort. As the OP, I officially throw up my hands and
give up.

That doesn't sound like the Iron Lady :-)

Well, didn't't the Iron Lady leave office after some period of time?
And did she win every single vote in Parliament?

This is probably the longest thread on cd printing for Canons
http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_...um_id=40&page=
1
watch possible wrapping.

I sure wish I had found that thread before starting this one.

Sorry - to be honest I remember reading this some time ago - just couldn't
remember the details or where!

Old February 14th 05, 12:01 PM
Cartridgeworld \(Oxford\)

Have checked with Claudio at Canon Tech support today.
She confirmed that a UK iP4000 will work in the USA with a plug adapter. The
printer is Multi-Voltage format.
Regards
Stick

Old February 17th 05, 04:49 AM
Alan

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:04:59 -0800, Lady Margeret Thatcher
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:14:29 +1100, "Caitlin"
wrote:

"Stick Stickus" dclincattiscalidotcodotuk wrote in message
Having spoken to Canon UK they told me that they will work in Europe with
an a plug adapter. I will check today with canon regarding working in the
USA.

Well that's no great surprise - all of Europe is 240v. It's no reason to
think it will work in the US on the 110v system. In fact I'll be very
surprised if the IP printers have multi voltage as an unspecified feature!

As the OP on this topic, I've pretty much resigned myself to not
buying a printer from a non-US source. The issue of 240 vs. 110 volt
mains is a serious one. Also, there is the issue of "localization,"
since standard paper sizes are different between the US and much of
the rest of the world.

Have a look at an electrical store. Here (in Hong Kong) voltage
adapters are a cheap generic item. And I'm told that many US houses
actually have 220V circuits (as well as 110V) available, for
heavy-duty items like air conditioners, heaters, etc.

As for paper size, lasers may have different A4 and Letter trays, but
inkjets mostly have a "universal" one with an adjustable paperguide.
But even so, is A4 paper not on sale in the US?

Canon i250 printer OzFree Printers 4 July 20th 04 08:26 AM
canon i560 printer outputs with a yellow tint? one028 Printers 5 February 13th 04 12:31 AM
Canon S600 printer and Win95A or Win 3.1 or DOS on a 486 machine? Cymbal Man Freq. Printers 3 August 5th 03 07:33 PM