dell printers

Old February 15th 05, 12:51 AM
GSTaylor

Default dell printers

I'm sure this has been around a million times, here comes a million and one.
Is the Dell a940 printer the same as the Lexmark x5150? Are the ink
cartridges the same (only cheaper)?

TIA

Greg

Old February 15th 05, 09:07 AM

GSTaylor wrote:
I'm sure this has been around a million times, here comes a million and one.
Is the Dell a940 printer the same as the Lexmark x5150? Are the ink
cartridges the same (only cheaper)?

The Dell printers are manufactured by Lexmark but, as far as I
understand it, there isn't an exact one-to-one coreespondence between
the models. I believe also that the Dell ink cartridges are subtly
different from the standard Lexmark ones although I think you can
modify Lexmark ones to work in a Dell badged printer.

--
Chris Green
Old February 15th 05, 12:50 PM
Patrick

"GSTaylor" wrote in message
m...
I'm sure this has been around a million times, here comes a million and

one.
Is the Dell a940 printer the same as the Lexmark x5150? Are the ink
cartridges the same (only cheaper)?

If dell printers are the same as their computers then it will be a modified
Lexmark.
A dell soundblaster Live card is modified and not supported by Creative Labs
A dell power supply is modified (it has a extra wire) and cannot be replaced
with a standard power supply (I think you can get an adaptor).
The reason they do this is to tie you to their products (at a premium). A
standard power supply costs around £15-£20 whereas a dell power supply will
set you back around £60.
As their ads say 'as expensive as dell' - or was it 'as easy as dell'

--
Patrick

Old February 16th 05, 02:22 AM
Hecate

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:51:53 GMT, "GSTaylor"
wrote:

I'm sure this has been around a million times, here comes a million and one.
Is the Dell a940 printer the same as the Lexmark x5150? Are the ink
cartridges the same (only cheaper)?

Dell Printers Lexmark Printers with one change, they are modified to
ensure that you can only purchase the inks from Dell, which are even
more expensive than the ridiculously priced Lexmark carts. Oh and one
other equation for you:

Lexmark = total crap

--

Hecate - The Real One