Help SB Live XP: No Sound

Old May 7th 05, 10:51 AM
Tarkus

Default Help SB Live XP: No Sound

I just installed XP and am running a dual boot with Win98. I can't
figure out why the sound won't work. Sound Blaster Live. The card's ok
because it works when I boot to Win98. I'm using a Leadteck MB. I
installed the drivers in Xp.The SB program is there. Volume controls
ok. I have 2 Question marks in device manager:
Multimedia Audio Controller
SM Bus Controller
Also when I try to install the Sb drivers, the sestym reboots
unexpectantly. When I restard my cd-roms have question marks in device
manager.
Is this a SB XP bug or issues? Should I try a different card?
Any Ideas?
Old May 7th 05, 02:19 PM
Glennbo

"Tarkus" wrote in message
news
I just installed XP and am running a dual boot with Win98. I can't
figure out why the sound won't work. Sound Blaster Live. The card's ok
because it works when I boot to Win98. I'm using a Leadteck MB. I
installed the drivers in Xp.The SB program is there. Volume controls
ok. I have 2 Question marks in device manager:
Multimedia Audio Controller
SM Bus Controller
Also when I try to install the Sb drivers, the sestym reboots
unexpectantly. When I restard my cd-roms have question marks in device
manager.
Is this a SB XP bug or issues? Should I try a different card?
Any Ideas?

Are you using the latest drivers from the creative website? If you are using
drivers from the CD that came with card, I would dl the latest ones (about
22Mb I think) and try again. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for
your motherboard chipset. I would recommend having at least Windows XP
service pack 1a and DirectX 9 installed.

If you still don't get anywhere, you could try looking in any Leadtek forums
to see if it is a common problem and if there is a work-around available.

Glennbo

Old May 17th 05, 12:31 AM
Shep©

On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:51:37 -0400 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants Tarkus
wrote :

I just installed XP and am running a dual boot with Win98. I can't
figure out why the sound won't work. Sound Blaster Live. The card's ok
because it works when I boot to Win98. I'm using a Leadteck MB. I
installed the drivers in Xp.The SB program is there. Volume controls
ok. I have 2 Question marks in device manager:
Multimedia Audio Controller
SM Bus Controller
Also when I try to install the Sb drivers, the sestym reboots
unexpectantly. When I restard my cd-roms have question marks in device
manager.
Is this a SB XP bug or issues? Should I try a different card?
Any Ideas?

These drivers work on my dual boot win98SE/XP for XP,
LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

--
Free Windows/PC help,