Scared off ... so now who?

Old December 21st 04, 10:28 AM

Well-Tech Ltd wrote:

wrote in message ...
Well-Tech Ltd wrote:

So, can you name some of these trade suppliers please, I have a
limited company and buy both software and hardware fairly regularly
(but in small quantities) and would be pleased to hear of reliable
suppliers.

--
Chris Green

Chris,

For software, try www.softsource.co.uk, hardware try KMS, VIP and for some
things, Target Components, for stuff like cables and patch panels, try
Connections (www.cxcxcx.com), but in all cases, with the possible exception
of VIP, do your negotiating on the phone and don't take website prices as
'reality'. In the case of CX, phone them and tell them that you got their
name/number from CTO.

Thanks, I've bookmarked www.softsource.co.uk and Target Components,
they look useful. I can't find KMS or VIP. Connexions I can't quite
make my mind up about, their web site is a bit quirky.

--
Chris Green
Old December 21st 04, 06:47 PM
Rob S

On 21 Dec 2004 09:28:55 GMT, wrote:

-Thanks, I've bookmarked
www.softsource.co.uk and Target Components,
-they look useful. I can't find KMS or VIP. Connexions I can't quite
-make my mind up about, their web site is a bit quirky.

I found https://www2.vip-computers.co.uk/ without too much problem. Maybe your
google technique needs brushing up - or maybe this isn't the VIP referred to
earlier. Anyway I've registered with softsource and will be interested to
compare their prices to Computer2000 / ebuyer / bluepoint (who often undercut
C2000).

rgds

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old December 21st 04, 09:07 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

"Rob S" wrote in message
I found https://www2.vip-computers.co.uk/ without too much problem. Maybe
your
google technique needs brushing up - or maybe this isn't the VIP referred
earlier. Anyway I've registered with softsource and will be interested to
compare their prices to Computer2000 / ebuyer / bluepoint (who often
undercut
C2000).

rgds

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

As i said earlier, with the exception of VIP, don't go by website prices.
Prices are negotiated by phone, not by reading websites.

Old December 21st 04, 09:31 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

-Thanks, I've bookmarked www.softsource.co.uk and Target Components,
-they look useful. I can't find KMS or VIP. Connexions I can't quite
-make my mind up about, their web site is a bit quirky.

That is a retail website. Don't get hung up on websites. CX will sell you
USB cables for 20p and printer cables for 30p if you do what i said in the
website.

Old December 22nd 04, 10:08 AM

Rob S wrote:
On 21 Dec 2004 09:28:55 GMT, wrote:

-Thanks, I've bookmarked
www.softsource.co.uk and Target Components,
-they look useful. I can't find KMS or VIP. Connexions I can't quite
-make my mind up about, their web site is a bit quirky.

I found https://www2.vip-computers.co.uk/ without too much problem. Maybe your
google technique needs brushing up - or maybe this isn't the VIP referred to
earlier. Anyway I've registered with softsource and will be interested to
compare their prices to Computer2000 / ebuyer / bluepoint (who often undercut
C2000).

Yes, I think https://www2.vip-computers.co.uk/ is probably it, I must
admit I didn't spend much time looking.

--
Chris Green

bit scared.... Rex Mundi General 3 March 3rd 05 03:32 PM
Scared to death with A7V8X-X!!!!! cimetière Overclocking AMD Processors 11 July 25th 04 01:54 AM
Scared to death with A7V8X-X!!!!! cimetière Asus Motherboards 5 July 16th 04 10:51 AM
Need URGENT cooling advice!! I'm too scared to do anything much! Perdita X. Dream General 11 October 25th 03 04:49 AM
Is Duron 1.3GHz Compatible with KT7 (non Raid) m'board....I'm scared..... Fig \(Cable\) Overclocking AMD Processors 1 September 12th 03 07:13 PM