Grrrrrr ebuyer

Old December 8th 03, 10:38 PM
Trust No One®

"Gaz" wrote in message

Then I agree they should improve the picking/ ordering system, I never use
them in November or December, but they are great the rest of the year.

I was about to place my first order with Ebuyer (their prices are brilliant)
but got stymied by their stipulation that the first order must be delivered
to the registered credit card address.

As there is currently no next day option available I'm left with the choice
of taking up to 4 days off work to wait around for the courier, or wait for
the courier to leave a card (assuming they do!) and contact them to arrange
re-delivery, in either case it means taking at least a day off work
twiddling my thumbs.

Surely there must be a better way of combatting credit card fraud,
especially as in this day and age (it's the 21st century after all) a great
many of us do have a day job

Anyway I'll defer my first order until January when hopefully next day
delivery will be back.

Love em or hate em their prices are brilliant tho

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments

Old December 9th 03, 10:15 AM
Gaz

If you discover this better way, open a mail-order business and despatch

first
orders to whatever address customers give you.
You'll make a fortune.
This morning, we had a credit card phone order from some goon who wanted

his
"first order" of 600 HP cartridges urgently delivered to an address

which, -on
Google search- turned out to be a mailbox service / adult shop outfit.
(no, we did not send the stuff).

What is it with HP cartridges, I often have orders placed for LARGE amounts
always wanting to pay C/Card and have shipped to Africa or some other such
remote place....and no, to date, we have not sent any either :-)

Old December 9th 03, 03:54 PM
Mark Robinson

"Trust No One®" wrote:

Surely there must be a better way of combatting credit card fraud,
especially as in this day and age (it's the 21st century after all) a great
many of us do have a day job

I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on uk.c.v passim) that some card
issuers let you register two addresses, either of which will pass the
AVS checks.

Cheers

mark-r

--
I put ten different puns in my .sig
I hoped that at least one of them would make you laugh
Old December 9th 03, 04:07 PM
Michael Rodgers

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
news
The fact remains, if you want next day you should pay for it.

I'd be happy to. Ebuyer, it seems, don't want me to. Just placed an order
now, the earliest they can deliver is 7 days away!

Old December 9th 03, 06:38 PM
Tony Sutton

"Trust No One®" wrote in message

I was about to place my first order with Ebuyer (their prices are

brilliant)
but got stymied by their stipulation that the first order must be

delivered
to the registered credit card address.

I see nothing wrong with that. It's just confirming that you're real, thus
less credit card fraud.

Do what I did - order something cheap (i.e. 99p cable) and pick the cheapest
& longest delivery time so you can get the cheapest delivery price. Once the
order is done, do the 2nd order and it will let you to deliver anywhere in
UK.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old December 10th 03, 02:30 PM
Rob S

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:54:10 +0000, Mark Robinson wrote:

-I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on uk.c.v passim) that some card
-issuers let you register two addresses, either of which will pass the
-AVS checks.

I tried to do this with all (3) of the cards I own. None of the issuers would
let me register an alternative address.

If anyone has done this *recently* please let us know...

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com