Epson IP4000 Printer

Old February 23rd 05, 05:50 PM
Bill Helbron

Default Epson IP4000 Printer

I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?

Bill
Old February 23rd 05, 06:30 PM
SleeperMan

Bill Helbron wrote:
I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that
many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously
considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand
that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this
true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?

Bill

First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's CANON
ip4000 :-)))

second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case, Epson is
NOT a better choice, but ONLY one...

Old February 23rd 05, 06:50 PM
SleeperMan

Bill Helbron wrote:
Ooops!

ops indeed...lucky you ended up alive...!
BTW...i AM very pleased with my ip4000... and i DO hate Epson.. don't ask me
why...i don't know...just i DO...you know...Canon owners MUST hate
Epson...and vice versa...

Old February 23rd 05, 07:42 PM
measekite

If you absolutely need CD Printing in the U.S. the only choice is
Epson. However, my friend bought an Epson for that reason and prints a
lot of CDs. He is now on his third machine because there is a problem
with the feed mechanism.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:51 PM
measekite

I like my Canon IP4000 and I do not hate Epson. I think that Epson's
are ink hogs, the ink costs more, and I am not in favor of permanent
print heads. But I also like my Epson 4180 scanner that I chose over
Canon scanners. I also like my HP 990Cse inkjet printer for business
use. It has the best quality draft on the market but somewhat slower
than the IP4000 lightning fast draft.

Old February 23rd 05, 08:05 PM
Xiccarph

Hmmm, know anyone living overseas..?? Or maybe even in Mex or CA?

Why would Canon exclude the US models for CD printing??

Old February 23rd 05, 08:35 PM
Al Dykes

Bill Helbron wrote:

I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?

Bill

I've seen purpose-built machines that print on CDs for $99. Maybe
the're just B&W. I didn't look. Picking a photorealisic printer that's
good and has reasonable cost consumables is hard enough without adding
the requirement to label CDs. My $0.02.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Old February 23rd 05, 08:41 PM
SleeperMan

measekite wrote:
I like my Canon IP4000 and I do not hate Epson. I think that Epson's
are ink hogs, the ink costs more, and I am not in favor of permanent
print heads.

hmmm...Canon too does have permanent head...
It's just ...well, first thing is chipped carts...