Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card

Old October 1st 03, 10:27 PM
Chris Roth

Default Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

Old October 1st 03, 10:46 PM
Simon Bussey

I didn't know ATI made a video card called the soundblaster live?! I thought
it was something absolutly completly unrelated... oh well silly me

able.rogers.com...

Old October 2nd 03, 08:56 AM
Sleepy Ben

Ive had a SBLive value for 3 years now - never
had any problems with it in any game but then I rarely
bother with enabling EAX. Yes an Audigy is better but it costs more.

"Kjell S." wrote in message
In article REHeb.181023$Lnr1.41815
@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com,
Chris Roth wrote:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound

card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

You don't want a live, you want an Audigy 2. Much better drivers, and
far fewer problems.

--
Kjell S.
Email: e97_kjs AT e.kth.se

Old October 2nd 03, 12:49 PM
Bratboy

Chris Roth wrote:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound

card
plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

You don't want a live, you want an Audigy 2. Much better drivers, and
far fewer problems.

--
Kjell S.
Email: e97_kjs AT e.kth.se

Yep and even those will be harder to come, based on posts Ive seen in the
gasp, shock awe Products.Sound_blaster_live NG on Creatives news sever at
news.creative.com , hehe. Ppl seem to be finding supplies dwindling now that
CL is putting out new version. Anyway Live was good for its day, troublesome
but still good and the best surround analog out it can do is its 4 speaker.
You can get much better now for about the same price.

Just Jess Jesting

When you tell someone to goto Hell, be curtious and give em a map so they
don't get lost on the way ?:^)

Old October 2nd 03, 04:17 PM
Skid

Totally OT in this group. However, it's about the last sound card on Earth I
would buy. It's decent hardware, but Creative software and support are
notoriously bad and have screwed up many a system with conflicts and
resource-hogging. Check out the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or Hercules
Fortissimo series for better cards at similar prices.

able.rogers.com...

Old October 6th 03, 12:49 AM
Stan

My Sound Blaster Live Value does great outputting to my stereo..but.
Don't turn the volume from sound card wide open or you will strain the
card and get a scratchy sound from your speakers...Stan

,
Chris Roth wrote:

[...]

Sound Blaster Live LS Tim Gigabyte Motherboards 6 February 14th 05 05:22 PM
FrontTech Sound Card NOT Working ?. Please Advice Sriram Homebuilt PC's 5 April 25th 04 03:57 PM
Sound Card Problems with Jetway 993AN 00steve Homebuilt PC's 1 December 3rd 03 07:17 AM
Santa Cruz Sound Card Davek General 0 August 17th 03 10:33 PM
onboard sound or sound card? mig General 4 August 3rd 03 03:38 PM