P4C800 -- system fail due to CPU overclocking

Old July 2nd 03, 01:15 AM
Roger Zoul

Default P4C800 -- system fail due to CPU overclocking

I just bought this mobo from a guy...and I just updated the bios to 1007
(even though, I can find that info listed in the bios anywhere).

Why is it that on a cold boot, I get the message saying "System fail due to
CPU Overclocking?" I think have to either accept defaults or reenter the
bios. However, if I reenter and set something, I get the same message. I
am not attempting any kind of overclocking....I'm running a 3.0GHz P4 and
have 1 GB of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR RAM.

Old July 2nd 03, 02:39 AM
Benjamin Greenhill

Hi,

So what happens when you go back into the bios and hit the "setup system
default" to let the mainboard have default settings?

Ben.

"Mitch_A" wrote in message
.com...
Buying a mobo from "a guy" isn't really a good idea as you can now see.
Maybe this is why it was for sale?

Old July 2nd 03, 02:56 AM
Roger Zoul

Mitch_A wrote:
:: Buying a mobo from "a guy" isn't really a good idea as you can now
:: see. Maybe this is why it was for sale?

Well, I didn't want to go into needless details...are you saying the board
is defective?

::
::
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote in message
:: ...
::: I just bought this mobo from a guy...and I just updated the bios to
::: 1007 (even though, I can find that info listed in the bios
::: anywhere).
:::

Old July 2nd 03, 08:26 AM
Foxy

Roger,

This message is just a default message after updating the bios. There is no
need to be worried that the motherboard is defective.
You can set the default settings or adjust some settings manual and then
you'll be ok.

Bye,

Ronald.

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
I just bought this mobo from a guy...and I just updated the bios to 1007
(even though, I can find that info listed in the bios anywhere).

Why is it that on a cold boot, I get the message saying "System fail due

CPU Overclocking?" I think have to either accept defaults or reenter the
bios. However, if I reenter and set something, I get the same message. I
am not attempting any kind of overclocking....I'm running a 3.0GHz P4 and
have 1 GB of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR RAM.

Opinion needed on new AMD system and overclocking ability Bill Overclocking AMD Processors 11 November 21st 03 07:15 PM
System failed due to overclocking? Dirty Harry Overclocking AMD Processors 1 October 27th 03 06:40 PM
"System temperature too high" warning Dave Ulrick Homebuilt PC's 0 September 3rd 03 03:03 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Problems overclocking Aus P4C800 Erling Groes-Petersen Overclocking 3 June 29th 03 10:01 AM