Funny - Spectre 32" Monitor

Old December 5th 18, 05:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Funny - Spectre 32" Monitor

Walmart online, pickup at the nearest store.

Walmart advertised it on sale for $79.

Walmart really, really needs to sell it for $35, but no one's
interested, and plenty can't wait to buy one.

I have a theory: Spectre chips the monitor to fail at 363 days. A
Spectre warranty is 364 days.
Old December 5th 18, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Flasherly wrote:
Walmart online, pickup at the nearest store.

Walmart advertised it on sale for $79.

Walmart really, really needs to sell it for $35, but no one's
interested, and plenty can't wait to buy one.

I have a theory: Spectre chips the monitor to fail at 363 days. A
Spectre warranty is 364 days.

The Walmart protection plan is 3 years for $11.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-3...BV-SR/55427159

Paul
Old December 5th 18, 06:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:41:43 -0500, Paul
wrote:

The Walmart protection plan is 3 years for $11.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-3...BV-SR/55427159

Check into it. BestBuy's PP is 3, optionally and possibly 5 -- they
take some pains to promote it, along an exclusion for theirs and their
in-house "Geek Squad". Last year, BB came under scrutiny for sending
out their "squads" vehicles, into people's private homes, to effect
warranty repairs. If a squad-member then detected illegality within
the premises, BB turned over that ancillary information to local law
enforcement. BB subsequently stood it ground and disclosed that its
standards are required training for its warranty "Geek Squad"
personnel, in strict procedures of policy -- as a repair and parttime
quasi-enforcement agency. Pretty exciting a perfunctory technician
qualifications.

I wonder what Wallmart has ... a contract, offhand, with one the
several national affiliations offering extended warranty services?
Opinions and ratings diverge in that capacity, similar to car
dealerships, their recommended affiliates, policies and stipulations,
alongside a field of direct competition with non-affiliates,
alongside, promoting their services.

Exclusions and restrictions of services, sheering wording, even before
implementation and practical interpretation. Neither a pretty picture
to fight over, when its in need, nor a business about giving away
service contract profits, in deed, businesses protecting themselves
from no doubt a potential field of mis-claimed abuses.

And that's what the reality check is about to BestBuy's marketing
their in-house services, a unique assurance factor to corner a draw on
customers.

Walmart is more ticked about having been undercut by Amazon, in many
ways since a contingent to have modeled and restructured their
business. Basically, with either, a 30-day Amazon standing return on
their warehouse stock, at their expense and responsibility to process,
and 90-days, similarly on inside merchandise stock reserves, for any
local Walmart supply center to honor.

A length of initial purchasing-agreement time, beyond which, many
factors may intercede within interests of a so-called warranty. Which
BestBuy, as an impression I have, has attempted to further solidify:
by reasonable assurances of normal product usage, that unreasonable
demands on claims of failure will be no less than expeditious.

I suppose. I didn't need to make that claim on the $40 I paid for a
extended 5-year-warranty on the 40" monitor I bought. I saw someone
mention it was higher-grade parts, of a Toshiba, rebranded into a
cheaper BestBuy-exclusive brandname carried at the time of my
purchase.
Old December 5th 18, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

wrote:

[...]

With the protection plan, take it to the store, say "it's broken",
and they should provide a monitor as a replacement. The terms
of the plan will describe the service.

It's supposed to be a warranty extension, not a service call.

Paul
Old December 6th 18, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 13:42:12 -0500, Paul
wrote:

With the protection plan, take it to the store, say "it's broken",
and they should provide a monitor as a replacement. The terms
of the plan will describe the service.

It's supposed to be a warranty extension, not a service call.

From SquareTrade, possibly, or another. Walking in the a Walmart
store three years after purchase for a replacement may not work.
Walmart wants to be out of the loop at that point. At the minimum
that would appear to involve a online Walmart corporate claim to
wherever that leads.

BestBuy, I'd even have paid that $40 to walk into the store and walk
out with another. But if they want to drive up in a van with Geek
Squad painted on the side, unpack and put a replacement on the floor
after checking it, that's cool with me.

I believe BestBuy does that once, after three unsuccessful attempts at
a repair, you're given the replacement of similar, like and comparable
value. From then on that's it -- time's up: your warranty has now
been voided.