Problem saving screen profile file.

Old August 10th 15, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 17:40:18 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-08-09 17:29, Eric Stevens wrote:
It's supposed to work more or less like that in Windows also, and it
would if the Spyder was able to save it's newly generated profile.

Have you contacted the Spyder people?

Oh yes. I seem to have gone up several steps in the technical
competence of my contacts in my discussions. Right now they are either
enjoying the weekend or trying to work out what to do next.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 10th 15, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 07:58:18 -0400, Ron Hardin
wrote:

Maybe some service has it open. Try in safe mode,
just to limit what starts up.

I tried that but Spyder won't run in safe mode. It can't find any
monitors so shuts down.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old August 10th 15, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mayayana

| 2) Could the ICM file be saved elsewhere and then
| just copied into the folder?
|
| I've got no access to or control over the software which determines
| where it is trying to save(
| C:\Windows\System32\Spool\drivers\color\...

This is a longshot, but I wonder about moving
out the other ICMs temporarily. Also maybe
look for a config file or settings. It's possible the
software is operating on its own erroneous info.
(This is really grasping at straws, but I'm thinking
something like a recorded value indicating that it
needs to replace the Dell ICM. It seems reasonable
to suspect a bug in the logic of the software.)

Another possibility, after backing up ICMs,
might be to try FileAssassin to unlock the files
without deleting them. I've had good luck with
it for getting rid of weird locks, like where I
accidentally click two things almost simultaneously
and end up with a file I can't delete. FA is mainly
for deleting such stuck files, but it can also be
used to unlock without deleting. (If you have an ICM
that won't move that might be a sign of a faulty
file lock.)

https://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin/

Old August 10th 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

On 2015-08-09 17:29, Eric Stevens wrote:
It's supposed to work more or less like that in Windows also, and it
would if the Spyder was able to save it's newly generated profile.

Have you contacted the Spyder people?

Oh yes. I seem to have gone up several steps in the technical
competence of my contacts in my discussions. Right now they are either
enjoying the weekend or trying to work out what to do next.

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

--
PeterN
Old August 10th 15, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Have you contacted the Spyder people?

Oh yes. I seem to have gone up several steps in the technical
competence of my contacts in my discussions. Right now they are either
enjoying the weekend or trying to work out what to do next.

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.
Old August 10th 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

On 8/10/2015 12:03 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Have you contacted the Spyder people?

Oh yes. I seem to have gone up several steps in the technical
competence of my contacts in my discussions. Right now they are either
enjoying the weekend or trying to work out what to do next.

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.

And that has what to do with graphics card conflict?

--
PeterN
Old August 10th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.

And that has what to do with graphics card conflict?

seriously?

spyder handles more than one display. that means it handles more than
one graphics card.
Old August 10th 15, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-10 13:39, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.

And that has what to do with graphics card conflict?

seriously?

spyder handles more than one display. that means it handles more than
one graphics card.

Single cards often drive multiple displays with separate profiles for
each display. Such is the case here.

Old August 10th 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

On 8/10/2015 1:39 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.

And that has what to do with graphics card conflict?

seriously?

spyder handles more than one display. that means it handles more than
one graphics card.

Your statement doesn't mean that there cannot be a driver, or priority
conflict,

--
PeterN
Old August 10th 15, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I know this sounds crazy, but earlier up the thread you mentioned that
you had two graphics cards. Is there some way of disabling the on board
card, or changing the priority? I wonder if they are fighting each other.

spyder has handled multiple displays since a very long time ago.

And that has what to do with graphics card conflict?

seriously?

spyder handles more than one display. that means it handles more than
one graphics card.

Your statement doesn't mean that there cannot be a driver, or priority
conflict,

nothing indicates there is.

if there was a driver issue, then there would be a lot more going on
than just spyder.

Saving files to CD and retaining original file dates Dolphin~Smile Cdr 5 November 22nd 07 05:38 PM
Saving Overscan and Screen Adjustments between Resolution changes. Paul Mathews Nvidia Videocards 0 November 18th 06 10:04 PM
Saving Overscan and Screen Positions how ? Home Theatre Guy Nvidia Videocards 0 June 8th 06 04:42 PM
Saving a Bios file EB Dell Computers 1 January 11th 05 10:57 PM
Gateway Profile 2 screen JW Gateway Computers 1 October 25th 04 09:18 PM