HP P1505N and Win98 - revisited ....

Old October 19th 13, 12:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
who where

Default HP P1505N and Win98 - revisited ....

I'm (still) trying to get a Win98SE box on our LAN to access an HP
P1505N LaserJet printer on the LAN. Last year (in the absence of the
HP driver CD) we tried the postscript-engine-and-PPD approach with
support here from David H Lipman, but that only resulted in endless
frustration. The immediate need was adressed by a messy workaround
(sending print output files to another workstation) but that has
proven to be more of a nuisance than we'd like. Now, with the CD at
hand, I have started over.

On the CD there is an app to perform setup. Under Win98SE it reports
that it is pointed to a missing file. Realising that this isn't the
"98 way", there are two folders labelled "W9X". Using the "add
printer" method (Start-Settings-Printers-Add_Printer) and pointing
to the .inf file heads in the right direction. Setting up as a local
port and choosing standard TCP/IP port seems to work but attempts to
print a test page result in the printer displaying fault status.

Background: This printer has been successfully operating on the LAN
accessed by WinXP/Win7 boxes. It has a manually assigned static IP
address and the only issue is the inaccessibility for the Win98SE box.

Is there anyone around who has this combination working with the
HP-supplied drivers?
Old October 19th 13, 03:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "who where"

[...]

You are just going to have to revert to the standard HP LaserJet Series II
drivers.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Vista Revisited Journey Dell Computers 8 March 14th 07 07:29 PM
Hyperthreading revisited! [email protected] General 0 November 19th 05 03:41 PM
USB version revisited Ken Knecht Compaq Computers 3 March 11th 05 05:24 AM
NF7-M Nighmare Revisited Erik Alvar AMD Thunderbird Processors 1 December 8th 03 02:01 AM
NF7-M Nighmare Revisited Erik Alvar Overclocking AMD Processors 0 December 7th 03 10:01 PM