Ebuyer email crashing Outlook express

Old August 19th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default Ebuyer email crashing Outlook express

Today 19th at 0349 I received an abuyer email entitled "uk\\\'s
cheapest Tom tom v3 UK & Europe........." It won't open. O Ex freezes
and crashes. It won't delete - just highlighting crashes it. It won't
delete from a right click menu either.

Anybody else get this before I start contacting them about getting rid
of this crap and getting the runaround?

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 20th 08, 06:56 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:43:39 GMT, lordy

On 2008-08-19, wrote:
Today 19th at 0349 I received an abuyer email entitled "uk\\\'s
cheapest Tom tom v3 UK & Europe........." It won't open. O Ex freezes
and crashes. It won't delete - just highlighting crashes it. It won't
delete from a right click menu either.

Anybody else get this before I start contacting them about getting rid
of this crap and getting the runaround?

1. Unsubscribe.
2. The crap is Outlook Express. Why should an email crash your email
reader?

Lordy

Ah, I see. You want to redirect a simple question about Outlook
express and an email in to a discussion on the merits of the
aforementioned program.

Well first, there is no 'unsubscribe' function in OE, and even if
there was it would serve no good. The simple act of highlighting the
email causes the crash giving no options to do anything else.

Second, I don't know why an email should crash it but it does. It's a
fact, and asking this question does not stop it.

Finally, OE is a perfectly satisfactory email reader and has been for
the past 10 years for me. Until this incident, it has never
malfunctioned once and has served my entire range of needs adequately.
Yes, I have tried several others too. So why should I change it? If
you happen to be thinking that I also use it for newsgroups then
perhaps you should inspect the details of these posts more closely and
discover that I am using Agent.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 20th 08, 07:22 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Knotty

On 2008-08-19,
wrote:
[...]

O dear

I would dust off that old flame proof suit if I were you
Old August 20th 08, 06:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:38:27 -0500, Grooove wrote:

wrote in :

Today 19th at 0349 I received an abuyer email entitled "uk\\\'s
cheapest Tom tom v3 UK & Europe........." It won't open. O Ex freezes
and crashes. It won't delete - just highlighting crashes it. It won't
delete from a right click menu either.

I've never had any problems with ebuyer emails up to now. I guess you got
something corrupted.
One idea occurs to me. Change the settings in OE to read emails as text-
only. This may avoid whatever in the HTML that is hanging the reader and
enable you to delete it.

Sorted it. I had already got my settings as plain text and not to
download pictures or external content. I killed my internet connection
and selected the email and no crash, but a message stating "The
message has not been downloaded". It was also deletable. Thanks for
your input.

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 08, 01:08 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
lordy

On 2008-08-19,
wrote:
[...]

1. I meant Unsubscribe from the ebuyer distribution list.
2. Unexpected Input should not cause programs to crash.

Thank you for your time.

Whatever.

Lordy

outlook express boom General 6 January 31st 07 10:54 AM
outlook express Stan... Gateway Computers 3 November 2nd 04 02:40 AM
help with outlook express 6.0 Jay Cee Asus Motherboards 1 April 21st 04 01:31 PM
help with outlook express 6.0 Willy Asus Motherboards 0 April 21st 04 01:05 PM