AV3I board

Old February 8th 07, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Terry Dwyer

Default AV3I board

I have an AV3I MB but I don't know if the maker is ASUS.
It's a Micro ATX socket A board with an nVIDIA nforce2
mcp south bridge. The north brige is covered with a heat sink;
3 PCI AGP & 2 ddr mem slots.

The back is identical to my AV400-MX board with mic-in
line in/out connectors & 4 USB ports.

Two 40 pin primary/secondary blue/black IDE conectors
+ floppy port; a standard blue video conector so it has on board
Video of some type in addition to the AGP slot.

Google found no info on it except that may have been
made by ASUS for Gateway; there is also a circular
logo with DD33007.

Thanks for any info.

Old February 8th 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Terry Dwyer wrote:
I have an AV3I MB but I don't know if the maker is ASUS.
It's a Micro ATX socket A board with an nVIDIA nforce2
mcp south bridge. The north brige is covered with a heat sink;
3 PCI AGP & 2 ddr mem slots.

The back is identical to my AV400-MX board with mic-in
line in/out connectors & 4 USB ports.

Two 40 pin primary/secondary blue/black IDE conectors
+ floppy port; a standard blue video conector so it has on board
Video of some type in addition to the AGP slot.

Google found no info on it except that may have been
made by ASUS for Gateway; there is also a circular
logo with DD33007.

Thanks for any info.

My guess would be, if Asus made it, they'd put their name on it.
There are some OEMs that don't put any info on boards, like
maybe PCchips.

Based on the length and letter order, maybe FIC or Abit are
possibilities. But some other info, like the BIOS string,
or an FCC number, would be needed to implicate the maker.

OEM boards are supposed to be supported by the computer
manufacturer and not the motherboard maker. So even if
Asus made it, going through their FTP site won't shed
any additional light on the board. You'd have to look
for any needed files on Gateway, Emachines, HP etc.

Paul