New PC

Old December 9th 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Makhno

Default New PC

Hello,
I'm looking for a new PC to replace my laptop but can't seem to find exactly
what I want. I'm just after a basic barebones system with single 3GHz
processor with PCI-Express motherboard and capable of taking 2Gb of RAM,
preferably DDR667.
What I'd like it in however is as small a case as possible, as I have
limited space and am always on the move. I do not need any drive bay
extensions, and all the towers on the barebones systems of say Novatech are
too big, whereas the tiny cube PCs are less powerful than my laptop.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look? I'd rather drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

Thanks.

Old December 10th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike White

"Makhno" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm looking for a new PC to replace my laptop but can't seem to find
exactly
what I want. I'm just after a basic barebones system with single 3GHz
processor with PCI-Express motherboard and capable of taking 2Gb of RAM,
preferably DDR667.
What I'd like it in however is as small a case as possible, as I have
limited space and am always on the move. I do not need any drive bay
extensions, and all the towers on the barebones systems of say Novatech
are
too big, whereas the tiny cube PCs are less powerful than my laptop.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look? I'd rather
drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

I don't recommend Aria, but this
http://www.aria.co.uk/productinfocomm.asp?id=24372
seems to meet your needs as far as the case size, memory handling etc go.
Just find it somewhere else!

Mike

Old December 10th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Makhno"
opened his gob and said:

I'd rather drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

I'm sorry if you know this, but you get more rights with a mail
order/online purchase.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 10th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Makhno

I'd rather drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

I'm sorry if you know this, but you get more rights with a mail
order/online purchase.

Possibly, but it doesn't feel like it. I bought, for business, 2 identical
graphics cards from Novatech a couple of weeks ago. Plugged one it and
started it up and ran my software. After a minute of running a high
performance application - blank screen.
Swapped in the other graphics card, and it was fine - it was a real relief
to go down the road and immediately swap the broken graphics card for a
working one.

I prefer to deal with people eye-to-eye. It saves a lot of time and
misunderstanding.

Old December 10th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Chris Fishwick

opened his gob and said:

I'd rather drive
somewhere (in the UK) and buy it than use mail order.

I'm sorry if you know this, but you get more rights with a mail
order/online purchase.

I suggest that you don't actually! The same principles in law apply (SOGA).

Please show me what advantages there are in the legal sense? Using mail
order/online purchases!

CRF

Old December 10th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Chris Fishwick"
opened his gob and said:

Please show me what advantages there are in the legal sense? Using mail
order/online purchases!

Distance Selling Regs. It's 100% in the legal sense as it's the law
;-).

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 10th 06, 03:14 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

opened his gob and said:

Please show me what advantages there are in the legal sense? Using mail
order/online purchases!

Distance Selling Regs. It's 100% in the legal sense as it's the law
;-).

But the special distance selling regs are just to make it equivalent to
shopping in shops, where you can see and try an example of the product.
Old December 10th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Chris Fishwick

opened his gob and said:

Please show me what advantages there are in the legal sense? Using mail
order/online purchases!

Distance Selling Regs. It's 100% in the legal sense as it's the law
;-).

But the special distance selling regs are just to make it equivalent to
shopping in shops, where you can see and try an example of the product.

It's a waste of time arguing the point! As he seems to know:-(

CRF

Old December 10th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when johannes
opened his gob and said:

But the special distance selling regs are just to make it equivalent to
shopping in shops, where you can see and try an example of the product.

spit Didn't think of it that way g. But, AIUI, one does not have
the absolute right to return something to a shop 7 days after purchase
just because one does not want it. The seven days gives one enough
change to change one's mind.

Could be mistaken though...wouldn't be the first time g.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 10th 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

opened his gob and said:

But the special distance selling regs are just to make it equivalent to
shopping in shops, where you can see and try an example of the product.

spit Didn't think of it that way g. But, AIUI, one does not have
the absolute right to return something to a shop 7 days after purchase
just because one does not want it. The seven days gives one enough
change to change one's mind.

I think that problem hardly arises. The reason that you can change
your mind for a mailorder purchase is that you can't see and touch
the product in advance. Why else do you want to change our mind?
Then you have the hassle of return posting and packaging at your
own expense.