Boot from FC SAN problem

Old January 2nd 06, 09:22 PM posted to comp.arch.storage

Default Boot from FC SAN problem

Hi,

I have HP blade serwers with Adaptec SAN attached to it. Linux on
servers. The problem with booting from SAN is when one blade server
booted from SAN is working and second is booting, first is loosing
connection to it's storage. It looks like booting the other server breaks
frist server connection to SAN.
I did another test and booted a non-blade server from hdd and mounted SAN storge,
then I booted blade server from SAN. It was enough to reboot the hdd
booted server to brake SAN connection to blade server. Anybode seen
something like this? Any hints?

tia
mazek

--
http://www.actus.org.pl/ - :::: - nic-hdl: MM3380-RIPE
GnuPG 6687 E661 98B0 AEE6 DA8B 7F48 AEE4 776F 5688 DC89

Old January 15th 06, 11:17 PM posted to comp.arch.storage

You need to ensure that you are booting from different luns

Another couple of questions - how has zoning been implemented
How is lun masking being achieved in you're configuration?

thks

Stuart.

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:34:31 -0500, ohaya wrote:

wrote:

Hi,

I have HP blade serwers with Adaptec SAN attached to it. Linux on
servers. The problem with booting from SAN is when one blade server
booted from SAN is working and second is booting, first is loosing
connection to it's storage. It looks like booting the other server breaks
frist server connection to SAN.
I did another test and booted a non-blade server from hdd and mounted SAN storge,
then I booted blade server from SAN. It was enough to reboot the hdd
booted server to brake SAN connection to blade server. Anybode seen
something like this? Any hints?

mazek,

When you run into this problem, are both servers trying to boot from the
same LUN on the SAN? I think that you need one LUN for each server to
boot off of.

Jim