80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing

Old June 22nd 05, 04:21 AM
twobirds

High wrote:

No, **** YOU, why would anyone want to help an ASSHOLE like you. JUST
USE GOOGLE!!

Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you silly
sod.

Old June 22nd 05, 04:24 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message
Cuzman wrote:
twobirds wrote:

" How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "

I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

Looking for a 92 to 120. There is one that is 120 to 92, but it won't
suit
my purpose

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3748.html

Old June 22nd 05, 04:25 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message

http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_p...ml?language=en

Old June 22nd 05, 04:32 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message

Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you silly
sod.

Ammmm, when you get really good and ****ed,
what language do you speak?

I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

Old June 23rd 05, 12:31 AM
twobirds

Gary C wrote:
"twobirds" wrote in message

Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you
silly sod.

Ammmm, when you get really good and ****ed,
what language do you speak?

****ed as in drunk - or ****ed as in angry? It makes a difference. I have
a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite well.
Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to drink.

I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

I do.

Old June 23rd 05, 04:41 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message
Gary C wrote:
"twobirds" wrote in message

Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you
silly sod.

Ammmm, when you get really good and ****ed,
what language do you speak?

****ed as in drunk - or ****ed as in angry? It makes a difference. I
have
a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite well.

****ed = angry.
Drunk = http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=drunk

Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to drink.

Greek or German? Is it one or the other, or are you not sure which?

I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

I do.

You've been blessed then :-)

Old June 23rd 05, 06:01 AM
twobirds

Gary C wrote:
"twobirds" wrote in message
Gary C wrote:
"twobirds" wrote in message

Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you
silly sod.

Ammmm, when you get really good and ****ed,
what language do you speak?

****ed as in drunk - or ****ed as in angry? It makes a difference.
I have
a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite
well.

****ed = angry.
Drunk = http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=drunk

****ed = Drunk
http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsiss...canvocabp.html
about half way down the page.

Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to
drink.

Greek or German? Is it one or the other, or are you not sure which?

Depends on what I drank and how much. I speak 11 languages. I lived in
Greece for 3 years and Germany for two. My internal monologue tends to be
in either Greek or German as often as my native tongue.

I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

I do.

You've been blessed then :-)

More than you know.

The real question was probably about the word "nymshifting". That word is
specific to usenet. If this were IRC, the name one uses would be their
"Nick". If this were the www, it would be one's "Screen Name". On usenet,
it is one's "Nym". Nymshifting is the act of changing one's name or other
header details to avoid other people's kill filters (also known to most
people using unix based news readers such as PAN as the "Bozo Bin"). I
noticed the headers of the nymshifter before and made mention that
nymshifting is not a good thing.

There. That should clear it up.

Old June 23rd 05, 10:56 PM
twobirds

Ed Light wrote:
If the case takes 80 and 120, 90 being in between, I'd guess that you
can make holes for it. You can stand it off on rubber grommets too,
or use one of those vibration-damping gaskets.

As it turns out, the mounting hole spacing for a 92 and 120 are the same. A
120 mm fan has a thinner cage to accomodate the larger blades and the holes
are set closer to the inner part of the corners. The 92 mm has a slightly
thicker cage and the holes are set more towards the outer portion of each
corner - thus making the mounting spacing identicle. I can't say that this
would hold true through all manufacturers, but I am currently in possession
of two 92s made by Panflo and a couple of 120s made by Sanyo Denki. I also
have a grille for a 120 and a grille for a 92. They are the same.

Old June 25th 05, 02:59 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message

****ed = Drunk
http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsiss...canvocabp.html
about half way down the page.

Now better educated here I sit. Thanks, I'll make use of this URL!

The real question was probably about the word "nymshifting". That word is
specific to usenet. If this were IRC, the name one uses would be their
"Nick". If this were the www, it would be one's "Screen Name". On
usenet,
it is one's "Nym". Nymshifting is the act of changing one's name or other
header details to avoid other people's kill filters (also known to most
people using unix based news readers such as PAN as the "Bozo Bin"). I
noticed the headers of the nymshifter before and made mention that
nymshifting is not a good thing.

There. That should clear it up.

Yes it does. Interesting.

Old June 29th 05, 07:44 PM
dawg

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

"twobirds" wrote in message
Cuzman wrote:
twobirds wrote:

" How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "

I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

I decided to reply twice.

Listen. Should we put up a sign on usenet that reads: "Just use google.
Human interaction has been replaced" ?? . If you think I don't know how
to use a search box... maybe you can just **** right off. Your "magical
appearance" (of the wrong answer anyway because you didn't read) was not

my
chosen method to secure the information I desired. I chose to use usenet.
That's where I might actually find a *person* with the information I want
who is willing to share it with me.

You ****ers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything

of
relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
simply - **** you.