DS4500 Issues after Power cycle (link status going up/downrepeatedly)

Old January 19th 09, 08:17 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default DS4500 Issues after Power cycle (link status going up/downrepeatedly)

I recently had to powercycle our DS4500 SAN unit. When it came up it
went through the normal checks and such, but the link lights on the
mini-hubs never stopped blinking. What I am seeing now, both on the
clients (a cluster of AIX systems) and on the storage manager is that
all of the links are going up and down about once every three seconds.
Believe it or not the unit is still functioning, but it is constantly
changing paths (due to the ever changing link status), and this is
cramming the error logs both on the AIX servers (where DAC reports an
issue) and in the MEL. Storage manager shows no errors at all, and
every device shows as 'optimal'. All diagnostic tests pass.

I'm at a loss, and I hesitate to power cycle the unit again. I can't
seem to find anyone else who has had an issue such as this.

Any ideas?

Much obliged,

Randall Walls

IP monitor to power-cycle device? Gen General 2 January 20th 09 02:18 AM
Must cycle printer power off then on before it prints Ray K Printers 1 September 6th 07 09:33 PM
Power generation...by cycle? General 2 December 20th 06 08:33 AM
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Power cycle problem Gordo282 Gigabyte Motherboards 2 October 15th 06 04:45 AM
Remote power cycle Scott Rogers General 4 June 25th 04 10:32 AM