Presario 5000T CD drive removal?

Old May 30th 08, 05:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ken[_9_]

Default Presario 5000T CD drive removal?

I bought a CD/DVD drive to replace the CD drive in my 5000T Presario.
Removing the side panel was no problem but it looks the the other parts
of the cabinet are riveted to the chassis. I can see no way to remove and
replace the CD drive. Can someone please help? I'm afraid to get too
ambitious and possibly damage the computer.

From here I'm off to Google but I suspect I won't find what I need. I
thought help was more likely here.

TIA

Ken

Old May 30th 08, 06:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Dean-MN

Ken wrote:
I bought a CD/DVD drive to replace the CD drive in my 5000T Presario.
Removing the side panel was no problem but it looks the the other parts
of the cabinet are riveted to the chassis. I can see no way to remove and
replace the CD drive. Can someone please help? I'm afraid to get too
ambitious and possibly damage the computer.

From here I'm off to Google but I suspect I won't find what I need. I
thought help was more likely here.

TIA

Ken

Hi,
Go here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpb12276.pdf then go to page
154. The optical drives are accessed from the front so front panels need to
be removed.. Dean