Scan.co.uk - good service

Old September 7th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default Scan.co.uk - good service

I have been dealling with Scan for some time, and remain impressed by
their staff.
They dropped a oblock this time round. I only ever order things that
are in stock, but they managed to sell something before my order was
shipped. it was only a couple of memory cards I threw in to make up
the order - basically save on shipping. Instead of telephoning, they
emailed, so by the time I got it and replied a day had been lost.

That meant that the delivery would be arriving next Monday. No good,
I will be at work. I telephoned and the young lady I spoke to has
switched delivery to Saturday Morning at no extra charge. It makes up
nicely for the earlier problem and was very sensibly handled.

Old September 7th 07, 01:13 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Ten Minutes

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been dealling with Scan for some time, and remain impressed by
their staff.

I haven't ordered from them for a couple of years, but whenever I used to,
they always had pretty much the best customer service of any company I've
seen. Good to hear they haven't dropped!

Old September 17th 07, 12:30 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Noose

Default CRAP service

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been dealling with Scan for some time, and remain impressed by
their staff.
They dropped a oblock this time round. I only ever order things that
are in stock, but they managed to sell something before my order was
shipped. it was only a couple of memory cards I threw in to make up
the order - basically save on shipping. Instead of telephoning, they
emailed, so by the time I got it and replied a day had been lost.

That meant that the delivery would be arriving next Monday. No good,
I will be at work. I telephoned and the young lady I spoke to has
switched delivery to Saturday Morning at no extra charge. It makes up
nicely for the earlier problem and was very sensibly handled.

Truth of firms is when things go wrong. It's easy to put things in a box
and send them off. So, my experience is entirely different: they stuffed me
with a faulty psu and actually blamed me for it. Utter nonsense. I have
never had such rotten service. You might note too that the OFT had to force
them to change their T&Cs. You can search the OFT site.