Ebuyer supersaver delivery

Old April 5th 07, 07:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Andy[_2_]

Default Ebuyer supersaver delivery

"Palindrome" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:50:19 +0100, "Andy" wrote:

I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship
it on a next day delivery :/

This is not my experience. I have had stuff delivered several days
earlier than advertised.

Yes, the shipping is usually "next day" but that is because the
couriers don't offer a choice. I suspect that they charge less if they
are not required to deliver within 24 hours.

I reckon that ebuyer only has "next day" contracts for outgoing orders.

It's all to do with "just in time" ordering and stock levels. If they have
a few days before they need to ship, it gives them time to get goods in to
meet the orders. If it has to ship immediately on order, it has to be met
from existing stock. So, the more customers that take supersaver, the
lower they can keep their stock levels and the lower the amount of money
they have tied up in inventory.

Plus, of course, the extra that people are willing to pay for immediate
shippping more than offsets the cost of having to have some stock.

If they already have more stock than required to meet the immediate
shipping demands that are forecast, they may as well ship it immediately.
Otherwise it just needs to be stored, at a cost. Hence why some orders are
shipped early.

--
Sue

Strangely i hadn't considered JIT and the fact they may well indeed only
order the items in for supersaver on receipt of the order.

Old May 1st 07, 06:59 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Phaeton

wrote:
[...]

You're almost correct, eBuyer's stock levels are correct or at least
should be at the time of order. However they do use multiple dropship
vendors who's stock levels are also shown. If the dropship vendors
despatch the goods directly to you then there is a charge, however if
they deliver to eBuyer which is free, they then consolidate the order
inhouse. By having supersaver long delivery times this is possible. It
also opens the opportunity to manage worksflow, typically Monday &
Wednesday are big shipping days for them, having lots of orders that
they can ship when they want to means they can bring orders forward &
keep the staff busy.
Old May 9th 07, 09:44 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
cpemma

"Andy" wrote in message
I just don't get this system. They wait until the last day then ship it
on a next day delivery :/

It's similar logic to the second-class post system - exactly the same volume
of mail is handled and delivered, but extra work is done separating a
fraction and holding it back 24 hours.

Amazon use the same system with their free delivery - it's just delayed at
their end., Maybe to encourage a few eager people to pay for faster delivery
but still encourage cheapskates like me to spend a bit more on the goods.and
get over the free delivery threshold.

Old May 10th 07, 10:41 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "cpemma"
opened his gob and said:

Amazon use the same system with their free delivery - it's just delayed at
their end.,

They never used to do this. It seemed to change a few months ago;
before that, free delivery was usually next day.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 13th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
TimB

On Apr 3, 12:34 pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:55:08 UTC, Tim wrote:
LSR wrote:

Andy wrote:
The risk i think for ebuyer is if i were to see the price cheaper
elsewhere later in the week i'm likely to want going to cancel the
ebuyer order.

Ahh but you can't . To quote their Ts & C's

"Order Cancellations - You may cancel any item that has not entered the
shipping process. Most items enter the shipping process 5 minutes after
you place your order. You may cancel entire orders via the Account section
within these first 5 minutes. "

Distance selling regulations trump their T&Cs, even to the point of return
goods after receipt, within a time limit or 7 days.

Of course, but you may well have to pay the return postage. That will
depend on whether they've covered that in the T&Cs.

It'd be interesting to see them try and hold the buyer liable for
return postage, on an item which was cancelled days before they
shipped it.