can the SB Audigy 2 be configured for 2 stereo outputs?

Old December 8th 04, 08:34 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Glenn wrote:
I don't think I have the windows driver loaded. I uninstalled the
creative driver and rebooted, and there was no sound and the windows new
hardware installation asked me to install a new driver for the sound
card. (so no windows driver?)

I cancelled the windows new hardware installation and tried to run the
creative CD. It complained about sound card not detected.

One possibility is that my on-board sound is confusing the Creative
applications, but it is disabled in the bios. I ASSume it isn't working
in windows, but I don't have any speakers plugged into the on-board
sound. Do I need to disable it from within Windows XP as well?

You shouldn't have to. You could try reseating the card in the slot, as
this sort of thing happens if the card isn't seated properly in the slot.
Old December 8th 04, 08:38 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Glenn wrote:
Sharanga Dayananda wrote:

Glenn wrote:

Is it possible to have to identical stereo outputs on the sound
blaster audigy 2 card?

There are 3 outputs for when using a 5.1 speaker system, but I just
want to have a pair of stereo speakers by the computer, and the same
stereo audio running to the TV.

If I try and use any of the other speaker outputs there is nothing
there, all the audio only comes from speaker output no.1

Is there a configuration program or a setting somewhere that can be
tweaked to do this?

The only program I have for controlling the sound card is the
Creative surround mixer. I suspect there are more applications for
this card that I don't have, to allow greater configuration.

Yes. Simply set the speaker configuration to 4 speaker and then select
the CMSS mode with stereo x2 surround.

Where do I find this option?

EAX Console, CMSS Tab, Stereo surround option.
Old December 9th 04, 08:15 PM
Glenn

Remove the drivers for your soundcard completely;
- Use Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel if you've installed with
the setup program.

I couldn't find anything in the control panel
- Then go "Control Panel"/"System"/"Hardware" tab/"Device Manager" - Select
the option to "Show hidden devices" in the "View" menu.
- Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers".
- Right-click and choose "Uninstall" the "Creative Game Port" and the
"Creative SB Audigy..." Do NOT reboot.

I did this
- Now expand the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" and uninstall "PfDetNT" (or
similar called pfmod or/and pfmodnt -- uninstall them all) Do NOT reboot
untill all of them have been uninstalled.

Couldn't find anything similar in "non-plug and play drivers"
(- *)
- Now reboot.
- Cancell the automatic installation of drivers.

I did this
- Install by running the CD.

I got the "no sound blaster detected" message again. grrr.

* = You might have to do it even more thorough by removing all the Creative
oem*.inf files in C:\Windows\inf\ before the reboot step. Open each of them
and if they contain "Creative Technology Ltd." - delete them and the
corresponding *.pnf

I did this as well before I rebooted, there were 2 or 3 entries I deleted.

Hope this helps.

As to the original question in this thread I think there might be an option,
but that involves using 3rd party drivers instead of the drivers from
Creative. They can be found he
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?language=en

I installed the kx project drivers, they detected the card fine. I then
chose 4.1 surround sound and set the surround option to "copy", and I
now have twin stereo output! Hooray!

Thanks for your help.

Glenn