Not supply junk for powering nothing

Old November 23rd 18, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Not supply junk for powering nothing

About half off give or take.

You buy at a crap-shot on junk for $20.

Or you buy this for $20

EVGA 500 BR 100-BR-0500-K1 500W
ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE
Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply

And then it goes back up to $30+ in a day give or take.

Good ol' New Egg once again blows it -- they go up, with the same
unit, against Amazon for a dwindling WWW of "no tax" regulatory
custodial status, how big you are or who you say you are to being
selling within national interests -- but then slap on some arbitrary
minimum fo r_their_ carrier shipping agreements, nationwide for the $7
to bring it your purchasing location, which consequently brings the
price up to 20% higher than Amazon's individual states'-accorded
taxation rate on its residents.

Paid 30% more on my last one, EVGA's model one under at 450watts,
earlier. So it works out to happen.

And then there's my junk selection, a $15 PS maybe 750watts, which has
only ONE 4-pin (sq) CPU auxiliary, little did I know, until one of my
latest same-model but revised MB, differs over two to an expected one
those auxiliary CPU supply-carrier cables.

Two for meat and force, for sure, can't be any the worse for nicer,
these days, with pushing for limits on a CPU class available just
prior to the latest but more architecturally proprietary driven
associations, and expensive, to CPU offerings. At least with AMD.
There are --for the time being-- still some concessions and leeway to
a practical marketing support for some CPU/MB hardware combinations.
As they'll of course be next up to be phased out from supply
manufacturing consideration, if not already so then or at best within
that interim stage.
Old November 24th 18, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 14:03:44 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Or you buy this for $20

-
The only deal going, except possibly a 256G PCI-E HP SSD for $40,
after looking over recent sales and related facilities for fabrication
purposes.

The only reason I got it is a recension on non-Prime Amazon shipping,
however long to undercut the rest for the holidays, Amazon is
presently engaging. Otherwise one would find something, additionally
to meet a minimum total purchase, from Amazon approved products, in
order not to incur 33% added shipping before, as often before
mandatory taxes, for all states, Amazon apparently has taken upon
itself as a self-regulatory measure. If it were closer to $30 I'd
likely have passed without a real demand.

I also have late Amazon delivery notifications, recently seeing that
among many Amazon facilities, the workers are walking out for
inhumanity. In one instance, 800 job-injury ambulance calls were
recorded over the course of a year, while a similar facility, across
the street from Amazon, recorded eight. Been there and wouldn't last
long after being asked to perform the ol' superman feats: I've a
standing policy they plant a big wet one right where I say it counts.