DON'T BUY HP (Hewlett-Packard) PRODUCTS!

Old August 18th 16, 06:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,misc.forsale.computers.printers
Robert Baer[_2_]

Default DON'T BUY HP (Hewlett-Packard) PRODUCTS!

Freedom Man wrote:
DON'T BUY HP (Hewlett-Packard) PRODUCTS!

I bought an HP10s calculator at a local discount store and have a receipt
identifying the product and when it was bought. Within 3 months it became
defective. The warranty printed in the HP10s booklet covers it for 12
months, and does not mention warranty restrictions based on where it was
purchased.

I have been repeatedly REFUSED repair or replacement under the warranty
because the store I bought it at "is not an authorized HP reseller."
No such requirement is given in the warranty statement.

I also have an HP Deskjet 6540 printer. It has had technical problems from
day one, clearly the result of POOR QUALITY CONTROL and BAD DESIGN. I am an
electronics engineer and know the consequences of bad hardware and software
design when I see them. In the case of this printer the software is
defective, and when fixed using HP's support instructions it soon becomes
defective again in the same way.

HP obviously, with typical corporate arrogance, does not give a damn for its
customers, only for its own "bottom line!"

The honoring of warranties, good design, and manufacturing quality control
cost all companies money - but are essential to customer satisfaction.
Hewlett-Packard apparently agrees with P.T. Barnum - "There's a sucker born
every minute."

Don't become their sucker - DON'T BUY HP PRODUCTS!

You may file for restitution in a Small Claims Court; fee about $25
to file and the cost is added to judgement (ditto for cost of process
server).
You may legally point to the judgement.