Using Cover Designer for direct disc printing with a Canon Pixma ip7250.

Old February 22nd 15, 12:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John B[_6_]

Default Using Cover Designer for direct disc printing with a Canon Pixma ip7250.

I have used Cover Designer with many Canon Printers over the years to print
CDs and DVDs using the inserted tray with great success. My last printer, a
Pixma ip4950 has had to be replaced and I have just bought a Pixma ip7250. I
have found that I cannot select the CD tray in the source dropdown in the
setup, as I could with previous models. It only shows 'cassette' with no
other option and consequently prints only on paper.

I have managed to access the tray using Canon's own supplied CD printing
program, but this is hopeless, as it does not allow the printing to go near
the centre for full face printing. It leaves a large white unprinted space
around the centre.

I have lots of Cover Designer files I need to be able to print from, but now
find I can't.

I did find the tray settings for the printer from another source who seemed
to have been successful in printing CDs etc. Unfortunately I can't find that
link now.

Has anyone been successful in direct disc printing on the ip7250 and if so,
HOW? Are there any other programs that will definitely print on the CD tray
and print full face discs?

Thanks in anticipation.

Old February 23rd 15, 03:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

"John B" writes:

[...]

Hello John,
No reply from you on the other thread you started, so here I write you
the same infor in short form.

Same tray used in:
MX920 family
iP7200 family (of which you have the iP7250)
MG5400 family
MG6300 family
MG6500 family

Hence, see if your software has CD support for printers/all-in-ones from
the above families.

Cheers,
Gernot
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.3 from Windows 7
Old February 23rd 15, 02:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John B[_6_]

"Gernot Hassenpflug" wrote in message
"John B" writes:

[...]

I've solved it! I'd missed out one of the stages in the setup process to
access the tray. Because I hadn't had to do that for the last four years
since the last setup from new, I had forgotten it needed doing. My fault -
sorry! Everything now working. Thanks

Old February 24th 15, 01:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

"John B" writes:

I have used Cover Designer with many Canon Printers over the years
to print CDs and DVDs using the inserted tray with great success. My
last printer, a Pixma ip4950 has had to be replaced and I have just
bought a Pixma ip7250. I have found that I cannot select the CD tray
in the source dropdown in the setup, as I could with previous
models. It only shows 'cassette' with no other option and
consequently prints only on paper.

/../

I've solved it! I'd missed out one of the stages in the setup process
to access the tray. Because I hadn't had to do that for the last four
years since the last setup from new, I had forgotten it needed
doing. My fault - sorry! Everything now working. Thanks

Glad to hear it worked out fine!
Cheers,
Gernot
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.3 from Windows 7
Old October 19th 15, 10:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Hello John,

Am Montag, 23. Februar 2015 15:07:26 UTC+1 schrieb John B:
I've solved it! I'd missed out one of the stages in the setup process to
access the tray. Because I hadn't had to do that for the last four years
since the last setup from new, I had forgotten it needed doing. My fault -
sorry! Everything now working. Thanks

I do have the same printer and issues with printing cds. I also am not able to see the option in the printing dialogue. You mentioned a setup process to be used. I did not find anything valuable (at least applicable for linux). Can you please point me in the right direction or write what you hat to du?

Thanks a lot
Christian