No volume meter on wave studio Audigy 2

Old May 6th 04, 05:00 AM
Doc

Default No volume meter on wave studio Audigy 2

I installed an Audigy 2 and find that there's no level meter on
Wavestudio as there was with the version of Wavestudio that came with
the Live. Any idea why this is? I find no setting to add it or remove
it.
Old May 8th 04, 01:29 AM
Doc

"Doc" wrote in message
om...
I installed an Audigy 2 and find that there's no level meter on
Wavestudio as there was with the version of Wavestudio that came with
the Live. Any idea why this is? I find no setting to add it or remove
it.

If anyone cares, here's what the word I got from Creative is - their opinion
is that I would need to remove the WMD drivers and run the VXD drivers to
get the volume meter. Haven't tested this suggestion yet.

Old May 8th 04, 05:11 AM
CrimsonLiar

We do care, just dont have the answers, and the WDM (not WMD - could not be
found byt the operating system...) drivers do allow the volume meters in
Wavestudio to work. So duff info from Creatives tech support there (again).

CrimsonLiar

"Doc" wrote in message
news

om...

Old May 8th 04, 11:20 AM
Doc

"CrimsonLiar" wrote in message
We do care, just dont have the answers, and the WDM (not WMD - could not

be
found byt the operating system...)

*bada ching*

drivers do allow the volume meters in
Wavestudio to work. So duff info from Creatives tech support there

(again).

To be honest, I was just shocked that they actually returned my e-mail.

Old May 10th 04, 02:50 PM
Harry Putnam

"Doc" writes:

"CrimsonLiar" wrote in message
We do care, just dont have the answers, and the WDM (not WMD - could not

be
found byt the operating system...)

*bada ching*

drivers do allow the volume meters in
Wavestudio to work. So duff info from Creatives tech support there

(again).

To be honest, I was just shocked that they actually returned my e-mail.

hehe... Are they really that bad?

Sorry to butt in on this, but hoping to continue the discussion a
little further. Does anyone know if it is possible to add newer
compressions and encoding tools to Creative Wave thingy. I mean like
making it output .mp4 or readin mp4 for editing.

Nero 6 can do that but I like the interface on Creative wave tool better.
Old May 10th 04, 06:46 PM
Doc

Harry Putnam wrote in message ...

Sorry to butt in on this, but hoping to continue the discussion a
little further. Does anyone know if it is possible to add newer
compressions and encoding tools to Creative Wave thingy. I mean like
making it output .mp4 or readin mp4 for editing.

Nero 6 can do that but I like the interface on Creative wave tool better.

I could be wrong but I don't think so. I think it was designed to be
simple, functional and stable without all the bells and whistles, for
doing basic file editing.

To be honest, Soundforge works a lot faster with far more
functionality, but I'd like this thing to work the way it's supposed
to!