Extigy: Dolby digital over optical digital out?

Old June 30th 03, 10:12 PM
Johannes Lebek

Default Extigy: Dolby digital over optical digital out?

Hi there,

I have a SoundBlaster Extigy and I want to use my home cinema system to
watch DVDs that I play on my notebook. I know that I could connect Extigy to
the AV receiver using the three 1/8" connectors (rear, front and
center/subwoofer) on the back. But in my case this is not applicable,
because the Extigy box is 5 meters away from my AV receiver.

I tried to connect using optical digital output, but, unfortunately, the
Dolby digital signal was not transferred. Is the optical digital out for MD
(stereo) only? I think, this is waste of resources...

There is another (electrical) digital out on the back. Does it transfer the
Dolby digital signal?
Thanks for your comments,

Johannes