Getting used to a freewheeling mouse

Old July 28th 13, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default Getting used to a freewheeling mouse

Since windows 8 is retarded, my mouse free wheels all the time (I
haven't installed the mouse software). But I'm getting used to it.
Now, when I jump back into windows XP and the mouse wheel starts
clicking, it feels too stiff. After getting used to it, I like there
being no indentations on the mouse wheel, letting it spin freely. You
just have to know where the page transition point is, when scrolling.
Second best (for me) might be much lighter indentation pressure on
the scroll wheel.
Old July 29th 13, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 29/07/2013 5:40 AM, John Doe wrote:
Since windows 8 is retarded, my mouse free wheels all the time (I
haven't installed the mouse software). But I'm getting used to it.
Now, when I jump back into windows XP and the mouse wheel starts
clicking, it feels too stiff. After getting used to it, I like there
being no indentations on the mouse wheel, letting it spin freely. You
just have to know where the page transition point is, when scrolling.
Second best (for me) might be much lighter indentation pressure on
the scroll wheel.

Well I prefer some feedback from the mouse-wheel...

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old July 29th 13, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" toylet.toylet gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Since windows 8 is retarded, my mouse free wheels all the time
(I haven't installed the mouse software). But I'm getting used
to it. Now, when I jump back into windows XP and the mouse
wheel starts clicking, it feels too stiff. After getting used
to it, I like there being no indentations on the mouse wheel,
letting it spin freely. You just have to know where the page
transition point is, when scrolling. Second best (for me) might
be much lighter indentation pressure on the scroll wheel.

Well I prefer some feedback from the mouse-wheel...

I've always considered feedback to be a good thing, but it could be a
lot lighter weight, or maybe a beep. Have you tried free wheeling for
a while? The annoyance might be worth the benefit. Personally, I
would probably enjoy a very lightweight and short indentation for
page transition points, maybe with audible feedback. But I would want
indentation friction only if that included Logitech's old and perhaps
abandoned SmartShift technology.
Old July 30th 13, 09:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
generic name[_2_]

On 2013-07-29, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 29/07/2013 5:40 AM, John Doe wrote:
Since windows 8 is retarded, my mouse free wheels all the time (I
haven't installed the mouse software). But I'm getting used to it.
Now, when I jump back into windows XP and the mouse wheel starts
clicking, it feels too stiff. After getting used to it, I like there
being no indentations on the mouse wheel, letting it spin freely. You
just have to know where the page transition point is, when scrolling.
Second best (for me) might be much lighter indentation pressure on
the scroll wheel.

Well I prefer some feedback from the mouse-wheel...

That's a very good reason to turn off the inertial scrooll.