E1505 - No hands-on yet thanks for sharing

Old March 9th 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default E1505 - No hands-on yet thanks for sharing

begin share

I have been anxiously awaiting a CNET review of a production E1505. So
far no go. My order is "In production" but not yet at the "Kitting"
stage. I bet Dell will still meet the ship date of the 23rd for my
system. If not, it will be the first time that they didn't.

It seems obvious that the reason why it's only available with
integrated graphics is because they want to sell their 6000 stock.
They advertise the 6000 on their site as having dedicated graphics.
So, I think for those who want dedicated graphics on an E1505 it's
only a matter of waiting.

I have read in some past articles that integrated graphics uses less
power and results in slightly longer battery life.

I am hoping to see the 1405 / 640m announced soon. I am on the fence
and may want to cancel the E1505 in order to get the 7 hours of
battery life of the 14-inchers. I also looked at the Latitude D610
but couldn't bring myself to buy that older-styled model even tho the
14" is available with SXGA.

I would guess that by a week from Friday a production model will make
it to CNET and the 1405 / 640m will be announced.

I HATE WAITING!!! :-)

Journey

(the only thing I want is MORE and I want it NOW)

end share
Old March 9th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"journey" wrote in message ...

-snip-

TISATATMI ;-)
Old March 9th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"journey" wrote in message
[...]

Remember, there are two new models coming out -- the E1505 and the 6400.
Might require the 6400 for a separate graphics card.

Old March 9th 06, 03:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:46:37 -0500, "User N"
wrote:

"journey" wrote in message ...

-snip-

TISATATMI ;-)

OK, you have to tell me what that stands for. Or, hmmm maybe I'd best
not know :-)

JIKYTTICFOWUWYRWBIAHFWT
Old March 9th 06, 03:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:51:58 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

Remember, there are two new models coming out -- the E1505 and the 6400.
Might require the 6400 for a separate graphics card.

True, I mistakenly (probably) thought the 6400 would be for Small
Business but I think you're right.

I was confusing it with the XPS 140 vs. 630m Core Duo upgrades. I
would like an Inspiron 14" Home Core Duo, because that is what the
occasional $650 and $750 off coupons apply towards.

We'll see, should be interesting. Dell seems to be handling this
transition fairly well.

Journey
Old March 9th 06, 08:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:

TISATATMI ;-)

OK, you have to tell me what that stands for. Or, hmmm maybe I'd best
not know :-)

There is such a thing as too much information. You really seem to be thrashing
over this purchase and getting yourself all worked up. I can relate sort of... I've
been waiting for something to really appeal to me and what I want (Merom in
a desktop/tower) might be a year off, what I'd settle for (Conroe) is 7+ months
off. Nothing I can do about that though shrug.

Old March 9th 06, 03:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:

TISATATMI ;-)

OK, you have to tell me what that stands for. Or, hmmm maybe I'd best
not know :-)

There is such a thing as too much information. You really seem to be thrashing
over this purchase and getting yourself all worked up. I can relate sort of... I've
been waiting for something to really appeal to me and what I want (Merom in
a desktop/tower) might be a year off, what I'd settle for (Conroe) is 7+ months
off. Nothing I can do about that though shrug.

You are very right, I am thrashing (good word choice) over this
purchase. Part of it is that I am not currently working (on
disability for depression) and unlike the past I will need to keep
this laptop for several years due to limited income).

So, I think I'll chill for a while and just let things play out.
Thanks for the reality check.

Journey
Old March 10th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
. ..
Remember, there are two new models coming out -- the E1505 and the 6400.
Might require the 6400 for a separate graphics card.

So far on Dell's Canadian site you are only offered integrated graphics on the
6400, but it is the Intel 950 with up to 256 MB shared. The 6000 has an ATI
graphics card option or the Intel 900 with up to 128 shared. No E1505 laptop on
the Cdn. website.

Bob T.