Got my XFX One PCI-E vidcard

Old July 28th 13, 01:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Got my XFX One PCI-E vidcard

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:18:37 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

On 28/07/2013 8:10 PM, Flasherly wrote:
Going into a setup involving a IPS or higher quality monitors also
wouldn't involve lesser quality encodes, but sourcing them to digital
media references. I have done that with audio -but, no, you're right-
video in itself, nearer for professional levels, isn't something I
should care to take seriously.

Thanks. I hope I would never need to care about colors.

Beyond either present monitor breaking, when, of course, I'd think
enough to factor colors for a median value, broadly in LEDs presently
replacing yesterday's LCD technology, where interest/cost just might
be indicative of satisfaction for purchasing on the brandname/model as
a reputation suited to general acceptance.

Sounds nice in theory anyway, only neither would seem quite to work
out that way when they do break, nor that I could consider actually
stocking a new LED in my closet for potential breakage. (Saw a 32"
Samsung LED "thin screen" this past week, that looked interesting, on
a $200US sale price.)
Old July 29th 13, 10:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:06:04 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Pulled the 5450 out - was causing delays in a pre-BIOS POST. The PC
would sit there cycling, upon applying 115V, lights between the
MB-to-case HD LED connection and the DVD's LED. Seven or eight times
before the BIOS POST initiated.

A new video board that features a PC boot-delayer. Tried screwing
with all the BIOS settings, removing the DVD's PWR/cable connections -
still getting a boot delay, no matter what.

I could live with it, I suppose, although I really don't like enjoy
watching that sort of crap going on.

Old July 29th 13, 11:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Flasherly wrote:
Pulled the 5450 out - was causing delays in a pre-BIOS POST. The PC
would sit there cycling, upon applying 115V, lights between the
MB-to-case HD LED connection and the DVD's LED. Seven or eight times
before the BIOS POST initiated.

A new video board that features a PC boot-delayer. Tried screwing
with all the BIOS settings, removing the DVD's PWR/cable connections -
still getting a boot delay, no matter what.

I could live with it, I suppose, although I really don't like enjoy
watching that sort of crap going on.

Do you have another motherboard you can test it on ?

Paul
Old July 30th 13, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:20:24 -0400, Paul wrote:

Flasherly wrote:
Pulled the 5450 out - was causing delays in a pre-BIOS POST. The PC
would sit there cycling, upon applying 115V, lights between the
MB-to-case HD LED connection and the DVD's LED. Seven or eight times
before the BIOS POST initiated.

A new video board that features a PC boot-delayer. Tried screwing
with all the BIOS settings, removing the DVD's PWR/cable connections -
still getting a boot delay, no matter what.

I could live with it, I suppose, although I really don't like enjoy
watching that sort of crap going on.

Do you have another motherboard you can test it on ?

Paul

Yea, this Intel P4 2.6Ghz dually, I was mentioning before, that, as it
is, apparently knocks down Monitor1/VGA/15-pin connector to only
640x480 (due to my decrepit XP install);- I'd need to dig out a clean
XP binary image, for testing, that's not all mucked up.

I got a hunch that ATI 5450 will take to an all-Intel chipset Gigabtye
(once disabling the MB's onboard video Intel G41 Express Chipset) -
with none of that pre-BIOS cycling stuff. Kinda strange, but these
are the typical reason why I've always said - No Two Computers are the
same, they all got "personalities."

And, that AMD with the cycle problems was really getting to the point
of stuffed w/ gear to beyond a comfort zone (3 HDs - 3T+ and the DVD
in a "tight" mid-tower form factor.
Old August 1st 13, 06:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:22:57 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Found an ancient HDMI to VGA conversion connector, also noted from
reading a few references -- getting to a default condition at the
secondary-state, always-on monitor2 from thus-chipped video cards
apparently has it's own set of unique quirks and got'ch'as.

Personally though I know better, already having had it up on a optimum
system install, so there's really no genuine reason for dealing with
them, apart from the usual ball of hair-pulling intangibles not
present on a fresh operational install -- far be that from anything I
intend.

Hey, maybe I just like the way old operating system works. And, if
half HTML5 browser metadata calls are reporting back with XP, old
isn't half then as much theoretically as technologically wrong. Right?