Need help picking out a case fan and maybe a GPU fan?

Old September 21st 08, 12:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Knossa1

Default Need help picking out a case fan and maybe a GPU fan?

Hi I recently purchased a Gateway FX4710-UB003A and have read some
problems with it over-heating. I found out that there is only 1 fan
cooling it and its a GPU fan. I read that there is no case fan installed
and I can't figure out what size case fan it needs. This might seem like
a silly question but I would really appreciate help picking out a good
case fan so I don't fry my new computer. Oh and I haven't got the
desktop in yet so I wouldn't be able to measure or anything like that.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old September 23rd 08, 02:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers

Wait until your computer arrives, then examine it to see where an external case
fan(s) can be mounted.

You probably will have some difficulty finding an after market GPU fan.

Why did you buy it, if the model has problems overheating? ... Ben Myers

Old November 9th 08, 01:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Wettlesheim

wrote:

Hi I recently purchased a Gateway FX4710-UB003A and have read some
problems with it over-heating. I found out that there is only 1 fan
cooling it and its a GPU fan. I read that there is no case fan installed
and I can't figure out what size case fan it needs. This might seem like
a silly question but I would really appreciate help picking out a good
case fan so I don't fry my new computer. Oh and I haven't got the
desktop in yet so I wouldn't be able to measure or anything like that.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You may want to do something similar to what I did to a computer I
bought from my local PC shop. I added this in a spare bay and did not
attach a hard drive to it in order to draw in air into the case
http://www.startech.com/item/FANDRIV...el-3-Fans.aspx
It is a 3 fan unit and if you buy a HDD cooler make sure you are
buying a 3 fan unit. . Then I added a slot cooler fan to draw out air
to which increases air moving through the case This is a much better
unit than I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835888112
Don't buy a cheap unit from ebay. My PC is a little noisier now but,
the trade-off is worth it in my opinion.