Solid State Disk question

Old January 26th 04, 09:57 AM
Boyan Brezinsky

Default Solid State Disk question

I got the MegaRam 2000 solid state disk by Imperial Technology for
testing. Unfortunately, I can't access their site
(www.imperialtech.com). Does anybody know what is the maximum sustained
transfer rate by this unit? So far I am not impressed - with a 2Gbps
Fibre Channel link I can't get more than 130 MB/s. And before someone
asks - I am using a 66 MHz PCI and I've seen 170 MB/s with this same FC
controller and computer.
Thanks!
Boyan
Old January 26th 04, 04:53 PM
Andy

In article , says

(
www.imperialtech.com). Does anybody know what is the maximum sustained
transfer rate by this unit? So far I am not impressed - with a 2Gbps
Fibre Channel link I can't get more than 130 MB/s. And before someone
asks - I am using a 66 MHz PCI and I've seen 170 MB/s with this same FC
controller and computer.
Thanks!
Boyan

i think that they went out of business
& if any of their people are reading this please call me at 310-544-9439

_____ . .
' \\ . . |
O// . . |
\_\ . . |
| | . . . |
/ | . www.EvenEnterprises.com . . . |
/ .| . . . |
/ . | 310-544-9439 / 310-544-9309 fax . . . o
Authorized - DIRECT VAR/VAD/Distributor for new SCSI/FC-AL peripherals
NAS/SAN/RAID from HP, IBM, Seagate, EMC, QLogic, ATL, OverLand Data

Old January 27th 04, 11:58 AM
Boyan Brezinsky

In article rCbRb.6$tP1.0@fed1read07,
says...
In article ,
says

I got the MegaRam 2000 solid state disk by Imperial Technology for
testing. Unfortunately, I can't access their site
(
www.imperialtech.com). Does anybody know what is the maximum sustained
transfer rate by this unit? So far I am not impressed - with a 2Gbps
Fibre Channel link I can't get more than 130 MB/s. And before someone
asks - I am using a 66 MHz PCI and I've seen 170 MB/s with this same FC
controller and computer.
Thanks!
Boyan

i think that they went out of business
& if any of their people are reading this please call me at 310-544-9439

The SANaccelerator site - www.sanaccelerator.com - is still available.
Boyan
Old January 29th 04, 04:57 AM
David A.Lethe

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:57:04 +0200, Boyan Brezinsky
wrote:

I got the MegaRam 2000 solid state disk by Imperial Technology for
testing. Unfortunately, I can't access their site
(www.imperialtech.com). Does anybody know what is the maximum sustained
transfer rate by this unit? So far I am not impressed - with a 2Gbps
Fibre Channel link I can't get more than 130 MB/s. And before someone
asks - I am using a 66 MHz PCI and I've seen 170 MB/s with this same FC
controller and computer.
Thanks!
Boyan

What frame size, what block size, what O/S. 130 MB/sec might be
perfectly reasonable for a SSD depending on your configuration.

Old January 30th 04, 03:46 AM
Robert David

wrote:

I got the MegaRam 2000 solid state disk by Imperial Technology for
testing. Unfortunately, I can't access their site
(www.imperialtech.com). Does anybody know what is the maximum sustained
transfer rate by this unit? So far I am not impressed - with a 2Gbps
Fibre Channel link I can't get more than 130 MB/s. And before someone
asks - I am using a 66 MHz PCI and I've seen 170 MB/s with this same FC
controller and computer.
Thanks!
Boyan

What frame size, what block size, what O/S. 130 MB/sec might be
perfectly reasonable for a SSD depending on your configuration.

We've tested both the MegaRam 2000 and other 2Gbit Fiber SSDs and have
seen 170+ MB/sec on both qLogic and Emulex controllers (Sun Solaris
systems). Perhaps you have old firmware. You can contact us and we can
put you in touch with somebody that can upgrade your unit.

Robert
http://www.computerexpertisegroup.com
Old February 10th 04, 05:20 PM
Boyan Brezinsky

In article ,
says...
wrote:

[...]

To answer both questions. Windows 2000 AS, different testing tools, even
IOMeter to a raw drive. Usually - 1MB block, sequential read or write -
and 130 MB/s tops. FC board - LSI 929, granted, not the latest drivers,
but the same ones that allowed me to achieve 170 MB/s on another disk
array.
I'll have to check the firmware version and probably will take advantage
of your kind proposal.

Boyan

Restore Disk question JJO Compaq Computers 2 February 24th 05 09:17 PM
Why Boot and System Disk? mo Asus Motherboards 1 September 5th 04 10:01 AM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
USB Flash Disk Question Roland General 2 September 24th 03 02:44 PM
3.5" Floppy Disk Drive Question Scott H. General 3 July 15th 03 01:58 PM