It is all over for teh US, Osama has won? The pitfalls of the US SS (Homeland security)

Old April 22nd 04, 03:05 PM
Jan Panteltje

Default It is all over for teh US, Osama has won? The pitfalls of the US SS (Homeland security)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/22/opinion/22FRIE.html

So, had some time while the processor usage is over 100%
and I just have to wait (oops finished now) for the processing.
So I started reading CNN, and was happy to see that at least
SOME people see what I noticed earlier, see above link.

'Brain drain?' no I would call it brain lock!

Now it will all get worse, the US deficit, if nobody
wants to buy US anymore then it is all over.
(Other countries like Japan and China MUST buy US loans to
finance the ever growing US deficit. If they do
not, because their own economy is much more attractive to invest in,
like in the case of China, then US will end up a third world country.)
But I give it to Cheney, the oil price will be higher then ever.
Well done.
But you may have to sell your house and move into a cheaper one with
400 % higher mortgage rates.
No problem, all for the fatherland.

LOL
JP

Old April 22nd 04, 04:36 PM
John Larkin

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:05:44 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

[...]

Time was, Europe was the center of science and industry. Then America
got in on the act. Now China, India, Brazil, and other places are
learning to use technology, create wealth, and move up from
impoverished agrarian societies. Africa and the Middle East are next.
If that means that America is "loosing its edge", so what? Most people
here have everything they could reasonably need, and more.

America benefits, morally and materially, from a healthy, democratic,
competitive world. Some people, including Cheney I suspect, understand
this.

John

Old April 22nd 04, 04:40 PM
chrisv

Jan Panteltje wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/22/opinion/22FRIE.html

Like I'm going to set up an account just to read whatever that is?

So, had some time while the processor usage is over 100%
and I just have to wait (oops finished now) for the processing.
So I started reading CNN, and was happy to see that at least
SOME people see what I noticed earlier, see above link.

'Brain drain?' no I would call it brain lock!

Now it will all get worse, the US deficit, if nobody
wants to buy US anymore then it is all over.
(Other countries like Japan and China MUST buy US loans to
finance the ever growing US deficit. If they do
not, because their own economy is much more attractive to invest in,
like in the case of China, then US will end up a third world country.)
But I give it to Cheney, the oil price will be higher then ever.
Well done.
But you may have to sell your house and move into a cheaper one with
400 % higher mortgage rates.
No problem, all for the fatherland.

What are you babbling about?

Old April 22nd 04, 05:17 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:36:43 -0700) it happened John Larkin
wrote in
:

America benefits, morally and materially, from a healthy, democratic,
competitive world. Some people, including Cheney I suspect, understand
this.

John

Well said, John.
Indeed US could benefit from some morale, and democracy would help them too.
http://www.commondreams.org/
picture top left, why this is forbidden to show?
Cheney has a heart connected with oil pipes.
Someone will have to pinch him to see what color comes out.
It IS al tar is not it ;-)?
Old April 22nd 04, 06:23 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:40:53 -0500) it happened chrisv
wrote in :

What are you babbling about?

Read the link, you have to register to nytimes, but it is free.

Old April 22nd 04, 06:33 PM
John Larkin

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:17:02 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

On a sunny day (Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:36:43 -0700) it happened John Larkin
wrote in
:

America benefits, morally and materially, from a healthy, democratic,
competitive world. Some people, including Cheney I suspect, understand
this.

John

Well said, John.
Indeed US could benefit from some morale, and democracy would help them too.

Good grief, I've lived here for some years and the US is more liberal,
more accepting, and more democratic than it has ever been. While
France wallows in anti-muslim and anti-Jewish racism, I live in a city
that has no racial majority, is 20% gay, whose high schools and
colleges are majority asian, has three Spanish-language and two asian
television stations (plus one more I can't figure out, Croatian or
something) and everybody around here gets along great. Given all the
immigration and change the US is going through, we're not doing bad at
all. Morale is fine.

John

Old April 22nd 04, 08:10 PM
Tom Del Rosso

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in
message ...
http://www.commondreams.org/
picture top left, why this is forbidden to show?

Duh, probably for the same reason it was forbidden to show the bodies
left over from Operation Market Garden. The American people might have
lost interest in liberating your country.

Some Americans used to think Europeans were ungrateful. Now some of us
think you're unworthy.

Cheney has a heart connected with oil pipes.
Someone will have to pinch him to see what color comes out.
It IS al tar is not it ;-)?

And Vice President Truman was a haberdasher who imported Dutch hats.

Seriously though, I don't understand how so much of reality goes
unnoticed in some circles. France is now re-engaged in subjugating
north Africa and support for dictators, while we make every effort to do
the opposite in Iraq. France and Germany wanted to make deals with
Saddam, which would have brought them plenty of oil, and we could have
done the same if oil is what we wanted. The necessity of overthrowing
the Baathists was recognised by President Clinton, who wasn't known for
ties to the oil industry.

But your kind of empty rhetoric must be effective on the masses who know
none of this, or who choose to overlook it.

Old April 22nd 04, 08:56 PM
chrisv

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote:

The necessity of overthrowing
the Baathists was recognised by President Clinton, who wasn't known for
ties to the oil industry.

I just hope that we have not effectively replaced them with a radical
Muslim government.

Old April 22nd 04, 09:10 PM
maxfoo

wrote in :

What are you babbling about?

Read the link, you have to register to nytimes, but it is free.

I wouldn't read that trash if they paid me to register.

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
Old April 22nd 04, 09:56 PM
Rene Tschaggelar

wrote in :

What are you babbling about?

Read the link, you have to register to nytimes, but it is free.

I wouldn't read that trash if they paid me to register.

Sure.
This is just lefto-pinko-commie crap.
:-)

Rene