AMD has the answer for Intel

Old October 17th 03, 07:58 AM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:51:17 -0400, Keith R. Williams wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:19:47 -0400, George Macdonald wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:20:25 GMT, "Wes Newell"
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:28:14 -0400, George Macdonald wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 04:49:35 GMT, "Wes Newell"
wrote:

I thought you would understand that I meant the bus was QDR.

And pray tell what does QDR mean????

My own offshoot of DDR, Quad Data Rate. Easier than typing quad pumped.

I know what the letters mean. The thing is do you? IOW how does one
achieve QDR signalling... apparently with the bus' base clock?

No. I don't know the exact way Intel does it. Nor do I care.

SO we all agree. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
The only difference I see here is that George and I have some
interest in technical correctness.

Yes I know what I'm talking about. It's you that doesn't seem to have a
clue.

I haven't
owned an Intel proc. since I last used a 486SX20. And this is the AMD
overclocking ng.

Wrong! Look again. At issue has been the Intel FSB, not what
you think it "should be". You're the one who has butted into a
discussion, sans information.

So now you're so smart that you know what cpu's I've owned. And the only
thing at issue that I was aware of was the Intel designation of the FSB as
800MHz, which both of you agreed was wrong.

I don't know who started the cross posting. So save your
typing fingers, I'm not interested.

It's been cross-posted to where I (and I assume George, since
he's regular on .chips too) have been since the beginning. You
really do need to rent a clue. Try arguing with your fellow
over-clockers, rather than those who are trying to give you a
clue.

This is being crossposted in 2 newsgroups. These:

alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd , comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

I only subscribe to the first, so I sure as hell didn't cross post it to
chips. Perhaps it time you concentate more on common sense than anything
technical. I couldn't care less about the internal workings of the P4.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever own another Intel cpu.

Now you and George can continue your discussion, just remove the
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd newsgroup from it.

Old October 17th 03, 02:41 PM
chrisv

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:58:51 GMT, "Wes Newell"
wrote:

(alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd removed)

I couldn't care less about the internal workings of the P4.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever own another Intel cpu.

This kind of attitude is what I was talking about earlier. Even many
"computer enthusiasts" don't give a rip about the technical details.
At work, I'm surrounded by "technical" people who don't know or care,
beyond what's required to do their jobs.