Burning audio CD - help!

Old October 14th 03, 10:05 AM
sarah johnson

Default Burning audio CD - help!

Hi have created a music CD from MP3's. I notice that some of the
tracks don't play at all, even though the MP3's play ok from the HDD.
Is this a burning error ? Thanks
Old October 14th 03, 12:48 PM
Enkidu

sarah johnson wrote:

Hi have created a music CD from MP3's. I notice that some of the
tracks don't play at all, even though the MP3's play ok from the HDD.
Is this a burning error ? Thanks

Are you playing it in the drive in which it was created? Sometimes
media and regular CD-players have incompatibilities. Try different
media and/or burning at a slower speed.

Enkidu

Old October 14th 03, 02:32 PM
JR

Sometimes mp3 players have trouble playing some kinds of formats, such as
mp3 vbr, or mp3 pro. Try re-encoding the songs that won't play into plain
mp3, 128k bitrate.

Old October 14th 03, 07:48 PM
Mike Richter

sarah johnson wrote:
Hi have created a music CD from MP3's. I notice that some of the
tracks don't play at all, even though the MP3's play ok from the HDD.
Is this a burning error ? Thanks

If you revealed the deep, dark secret of the software you are using, we
might be able to be specific. There are many possibilities here
including the fact that some MP3s will be in forms that some software
will refuse to write as CD-DA and some forms (e.g., 48 ksps) will not be
written on the fly by any software I know.

The fact that the MP3s play well in your computer does not mean that
they will convert correctly - or at all - to CD-DA. Please see one of
the usual references for more information: the CD-R FAQ or the primer at
my WWW site.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old October 14th 03, 07:55 PM
Theo

"JR" wrote in news:zVSib.762347$YN5.737096
@sccrnsc01:

Sometimes mp3 players have trouble playing some kinds of formats, such as
mp3 vbr, or mp3 pro. Try re-encoding the songs that won't play into plain
mp3, 128k bitrate.

check the player manual first, and yes be sure of the format of your files.

Sometimes files may have the mp3 extention when they are really something
else. Worse, if programs have the right codec they will play it but wont
tell you its named incorrectly. If you can avoid reencoding, do so. If you
must do it, use a higher bitrate to cut down on the distortion that often
comes with reencoding.

Perhaps someone can list a program that will check files and change the
extention if they are wrong. I dont know of any offhand.
Old October 14th 03, 10:06 PM
Tim Kroesen

Try using Feurio to burn them; the program will test the integrity and
decoding of mp3's automatically before burning... Free unrestricted
demo at www.feurio.com

Tim K

Old October 15th 03, 08:26 AM
Theo

Mike Richter wrote in :

The fact that the MP3s play well in your computer does not mean that
they will convert correctly - or at all - to CD-DA.

Was the OP talking about a CD audio disk? Looking at it again, Im not sure
now.
Old October 19th 03, 09:16 PM
Markeau

"Theo" wrote in message

Mike Richter wrote in
:

The fact that the MP3s play well in your computer does not mean

that
they will convert correctly - or at all - to CD-DA.

Was the OP talking about a CD audio disk? Looking at it again, Im

not
sure now.

Apparently so as the references to "music cd" and "audio cd" would
merit

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
MP3s to CD: does "on-the-fly" burning give same audio quality as doing it in 2 steps?!.. Anonymous Joe Cdr 15 October 27th 03 07:55 AM
Nero - all versions fail when burning lead-out of audio CDs... XPG Cdr 2 September 28th 03 06:28 AM
Burning audio to DVD? dgk Cdr 9 September 25th 03 08:29 PM
EasyCreator Burning data CD as an audio CDA file?? Lira Taylor Cdr 0 June 26th 03 08:55 PM