HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

Old June 29th 10, 09:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay[_2_]

Default HDMI and my ACER Aspire Notebook

I have a Acer Aspire; Notebook that has a HDMI socket on the left side. Is
this an input or an output? I have ordered a cable and I am wondering what I
can use this port for. Can I play my DVD player into my computer? Can I use
this to connect my TV as a monitor? If this is possible, how do I control
it. Any advice?

Bob

Old June 30th 10, 05:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 6/29/2010 4:35 PM, Bob Fay wrote:
I have a Acer Aspire Notebook that has a HDMI socket on the left side.
Is this an input or an output? I have ordered a cable and I am wondering
what I can use this port for. Can I play my DVD player into my computer?
Can I use this to connect my TV as a monitor? If this is possible, how
do I control it. Any advice?

Bob

Which model? What does the owner's manual say? ... Ben Myers
Old July 1st 10, 01:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay[_3_]

My Acer Notebook is an Aspire 7535. The manual says little about the HDMI. I
received the cable today and connected it to my TV. The result is very good.
Beautiful monitor! I have yet to try the DVD inputting to the notebook. I am
a little nervous that I might see a puff of smoke from the key board. I will
relate the results when I get the nerve to try it.

Thanks for your response.

Bob

Old July 1st 10, 05:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Steve Pearce

I think the HDMI is output only, i.e. display the notebook screen on a
TV. I'm pretty sure it can't be used the other way.

Old July 1st 10, 06:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay[_3_]

I tried the DVD into the Acer. Well, No Smoke and No Picture. You are right!
Thanks for the response.

Bob

Old July 15th 10, 06:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

It's an HDMI output to connect a HD display or TV. My Aspire 6930 notebook
has one in the same spot.

HH

m...